Thứ Năm, 18 tháng 8, 2016

BSOD 0x0007A kernel_inpage_err, 0x00F4 and operating system not found part 1


srinpraveen

Hi Ppl.
I just love this forum. I just joined here eventually and I am happy to see that I have at last landed at a place where I am sure to get some solid help. I am having a Sony Vaio E series VPCEE23FX Amd core 64 bit laptop which came with a pre-installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I bought this laptop about 10 months ago from a deal in circuitcity.com.

Till about 2 months ago, everything was smooth. But now that's all changed. I get BSODs of the types 0x0007A with the title of "kernel_inpage_error" and also of the type "0x000F4". These are the only 2 types of bsods that keep occurring. Also many times, when I try restarting the lap or maybe powering it up, I get a black screen saying "operating system not found". But when I power off and power on and follow this process a couple of time, I am able to boot up.

The blue screen errors has been occurring for atleast one and a half months now with a frequency of almost 2 to 3 times "EVERY DAY"...Its been very very agonising to say the least.

First of all let me tell you what are things I have done so far.
1) I have already activated "small dump file" in the advanced settings. Also the paging file is also I believe of the right size. My system RAM is 3740MB and the size of the paging file is 3834MB which I believe would be sufficient to be abe to write a small dump file. Also, I have disabled auto-restart upon system failure and hence the blue screen just stays whenever it occurs, thus making it convenient for me to note down the error.

Till date I have not been able to locate the minidump folder which loads of ppl have been talking abt since time immemorial. This leads me to conclude that there is no dump file that is created everytime I get the BSOD. Not sure what exactly the problem is.

2) These apart, I pressed the in-built "assist" button and recovered my system to its factory settings. Still the BSODs come and "operating system not found" error creeps up.

3) There is no virus in my system. I have done complete system scans about twenty times already. Also done MBR scan, and cleaned registries using reginout and ccleaner. I keep my system cool with the help of a cooling pad and also a small table fan clipped to my study table all the time. Some of these things might seem like too much of an overkill but I have done just about everything to troubleshoot my BSODS but failed miserably in achieving any success in it. I can't believe that this might be the case of a heating issue because my core temperature hovers around 48 to 59 degrees most of the time. Also I fail to believe that this might be the case of a dying hard disk because the hard disk is just 10 months old.

4) I contacted vaio care through chat and through the phone. But they don't seem to have a good answer for the bsods. And I do not want to replace my hard-disk unless I am sure that the problem is with the hard-disk.

5) I ran chkdisk and there are no bad sectors on the hard disk.

There has been absolutely nothing I could do for as long as these two months to control these BSODs or in my quest to activate the minidump file.

I know there might be a solution to the latter. But guys pls help me. Atleast I want to get a dump file atleast once during a BSOD and upload, share and show u guys my miseries till date.



srinpraveen

UPDATE: This is the first time I am getting a new kind of BSOD. Got it just now. And this says "C00000021a" {fatal system error} The windows subsystem process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0XC0000006 (0X7743409b 0X00a3e940)

Not sure why.

MvdB

Hello Srinpraveen, welcome to SF! I hope we can help...

There are a couple of things we can try:

1. You really need those dumpfiles posted... Have you tried:
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

2. Try running in Safemode w/networking on for a long time (24-48 hours). A bummer, I know... but lets see if we can separate HW from driver issues...

3. Have you tried SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker ?

4. You need to do more HDD testing just in case from what I understand in this story:
Use seagate tools or something like it to verify

5. Try a clean boot: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

And please post back the results?

srinpraveen

Hi Mvdb,
Thanks a lot for replying. I guess your reply to this thread coincided with the occurrence of another BSOD in my laptop with the title C00000021a, fatal system error.

Do you have any idea about this BSOD?

And by the way, I will go through the links that you gave first. A couple of these things I have done already. But I will see to it first that no stone is unturned from my side. Thanks anyways.

I will post the results once done. But in the meantime,if you can throw some light on the fatal system error mentioned above, that will be of great help. thanks.

MvdB

Have a look at:
The system language is changed or you receive a Stop error after you restart a computer that is running a preinstalled version of Windows 7: "0x00000021a"

srinpraveen

I think this error is slightly different from the one mentioned in the link that you have given. My error code by the way is C00000021a and not 0X00000021a. Also the scenario under which the bsod occurs as mentioned in that article doesn't seem to exactly tally with mine. Also the hotfix solution that is proposed in that article mentions the user to apply the hotfix only if the exact same scenario occurs, else just to wait for the next windows update.

So I guess it might not be helping in solving this exact bsod's cause.

MvdB

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by srinpraveen View Post
I think this error is slightly different from the one mentioned in the link that you have given. My error code by the way is C00000021a and not 0X00000021a. Also the scenario under which the bsod occurs as mentioned in that article doesn't seem to exactly tally with mine. Also the hotfix solution that is proposed in that article mentions the user to apply the hotfix only if the exact same scenario occurs, else just to wait for the next windows update.

So I guess it might not be helping in solving this exact bsod's cause.
Sorry, you're right. This exact error doesn't show often in W7. When it does, it is mostly:
Quote:
The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. When the Windows NT kernel detects that either of these processes has stopped, it stops the system and raises the STOP 0xC000021A error. This error may have several causes. Among them are the following:
Mismatched system files have been installed.
A Service Pack installation has failed.
A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
An incompatible third-party program has been installed.

But without more info I can't really see what's up...

srinpraveen

@MvdB,
I have enclosed my replies after the questions in bold so that it is more easily readable.


Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Hello Srinpraveen, welcome to SF! I hope we can help...

There are a couple of things we can try:

1. You really need those dumpfiles posted... Have you tried:
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Yes I forgot to mention this in the previous reply. But yes. I have tried activating the dump files in the exact method as mentioned in this link. Also I have tried Option 2 as well mentioned in the thread by downloading the reg file corresponding to small minidump and added it to the registry. But still no dumps are written. I don't see the C:\Windows\Minidump or C:\Windows\system32\Minidump. I don't see the folder anywhere for that matter. Something tells me that during these crashes, there is something that is preventing the computer from writing the dump file followed by the crash. The paging file size is also reasonably good as I had mentioned earlier.

2. Try running in Safemode w/networking on for a long time (24-48 hours). A bummer, I know... but lets see if we can separate HW from driver issues...

This I have to see. I will report this back after trying this and observing for 2 to 3 days.

3. Have you tried SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker ?

Ya I did this a couple of hours back and have posted the screenshots. No system violations have been found and system scan returns clean results as can be seen in the screenshot.

4. You need to do more HDD testing just in case from what I understand in this story:
Use seagate tools or something like it to verify

I just downloaded the seagate's free "Sea tools for Windows" application. There were about a bunch of 5 hdd checks. And my hard disk has passed all the checks.

5. Try a clean boot: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

This link I am yet to read and check out.

And please post back the results?
So that I is my progress so far.

MvdB

Just to be sure... increase your pagefile by 1 Gb?
Check all temps, not only CPU? RAM? GPU? What is the temp diff between idle and full operation?

srinpraveen

Okay I will increase the size of the paging file.

Regarding temperature difference between full operationa and idle operation, when the laptop is idle it has a more or less steady temperature of 52 to 55 degree celcius (around 130 degree farenheit).

When the laptop is fully loaded with different applications running concurrently such a virus scan running, a video playing from vlc player, a pdf opened, mozilla running, a vmware virtual machine running etc, then the temperature goes to as high as 69 to 71 degree celcius. (around 160 degree farenheit)

So does this point to anything or is it normal?

MvdB

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by srinpraveen View Post
Okay I will increase the size of the paging file.

Regarding temperature difference between full operationa and idle operation, when the laptop is idle it has a more or less steady temperature of 52 to 55 degree celcius (around 130 degree farenheit).

When the laptop is fully loaded with different applications running concurrently such a virus scan running, a video playing from vlc player, a pdf opened, mozilla running, a vmware virtual machine running etc, then the temperature goes to as high as 69 to 71 degree celcius. (around 160 degree farenheit)

So does this point to anything or is it normal?

Sounds ok-ish... In a clean LT with good airflow, I'd expect lower idle temps for a CPU... but you higher temps should not be a problem.
However, this is only the CPU. Can you see other temps?

Try: CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting



srinpraveen

wow @Mdvd, looks like we have a telepathy...LOL....Cuz I too use CPUID monitor and I just love its interface and its pretty user-friendly as compared to speedfan. I have posted a screenshot of it in action when the laptop is not exactly loaded with applications but in a normal steady state. There are two more temperatures as you can see in the screenshot about which I don't exactly know what they indicate and what exactly we can hypothesize from that. But anyway I have enclosed a screenshot of the CPUID monitor in action. Check it.

And the high temperatures maybe because of the amd athelon 64 bit core I guess. Cuz usually amd cores are alleged to heat up more than their competitor intel's corresponding cores such as the i series.

MvdB

OK, this looks fine. So temps don't seem to be the prob. Lets see if you get a dump file now that you've increased pagefile.....

srinpraveen

Okay...I will wait till the next bsod occurs...I have set the system to automatically restart upon system failure from the advanced settings and followed all that is mentioned on that thread. SO hopefully I will get a dump file. Lets see..I will keep you posted once I get it.

By the way, I also have bluescreen viewer of nirsoft and also another application called "whocrashed" which automatically reads and displays all the dump files in the system.

By the way, I have a quick question. Are Bsod errors random or have a regular pattern of occurrence? Cuz for the past few days I had 4 bsods per day. And today I had just one bsod since morning and its close to midnight here now. So I guess thats just a single bsod today. So does this indicate that things are improving by any chance? Is there a point wherein the bsods are gradually going to subside and soon gone altogether? Has this happened before to anyone? Because I am being optimistic and I will be happy if such a kind of thing comes true.

MvdB

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by srinpraveen View Post
Okay...I will wait till the next bsod occurs...I have set the system to automatically restart upon system failure from the advanced settings and followed all that is mentioned on that thread. SO hopefully I will get a dump file. Lets see..I will keep you posted once I get it.

By the way, I also have bluescreen viewer of nirsoft and also another application called "whocrashed" which automatically reads and displays all the dump files in the system.

By the way, I have a quick question. Are Bsod errors random or have a regular pattern of occurrence? Cuz for the past few days I had 4 bsods per day. And today I had just one bsod since morning and its close to midnight here now. So I guess thats just a single bsod today. So does this indicate that things are improving by any chance? Is there a point wherein the bsods are gradually going to subside and soon gone altogether? Has this happened before to anyone? Because I am being optimistic and I will be happy if such a kind of thing comes true.
Sorry to say but they are not random.... there is a definite link to something that is wrong somewhere, be it HW or drivers or temp's (which is related to HW) or, even PSU and failing external power... it might seem random to the user but in reality there is always a very exact combination of things that cause/trigger a problem.

srinpraveen

@Mvdb,
surprisingly, there wasn't a single bsod yesterday despite working in the normal mode for long hours. Nevertheless, I will have to observe it for a larger time than this though. But looks like things are coming back to normal.

There were lots of Microsoft Updates getting installed after clicking the shut down button everytime. And I suspect that maybe a missing update might be the causing factor of the bsods that came up. But am not sure. Its a rather incorrect hypothesis at this point.

Anyway I will observe this for a few more days and get back.

MvdB

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by srinpraveen View Post
@Mvdb,
surprisingly, there wasn't a single bsod yesterday despite working in the normal mode for long hours. Nevertheless, I will have to observe it for a larger time than this though. But looks like things are coming back to normal.

There were lots of Microsoft Updates getting installed after clicking the shut down button everytime. And I suspect that maybe a missing update might be the causing factor of the bsods that came up. But am not sure. Its a rather incorrect hypothesis at this point.

Anyway I will observe this for a few more days and get back.

Good luck! Hope it will be a clean run!

srinpraveen

@MvdB,
the bsod returns!! The bsod never fails to pop up if I use video chat in skype. Today I was video chatting with a couple of friends on skype. And VOILA! The bsod popped up, blue screen for a flash, system restarts, comes up with a black screen saying "operating system not found". Then I manually power off, power on, again the OS not found error, once again power off, power again and the system starts normally.

Just for your info: the paging file size initially was 3740GB. I changed it later to 6140GB in fact and there is no reason why the dumpfile should fail to get registered. But alas! I still don't see any folder by the name of "Minidump" and neither do any *.dmp files exist on the system.

This thing beats me. I really don't understand why the dump file is not getting created though the paging file is so big now. And since as the instructions mentioned in one of the links asked me to restart the system upon system failure, I was compelled to do so. But in the process, I could not catch a glimpse of the bsod that flashed by today. But I still strongly suspect that it is the same old kernel_inpage_error.

As you said, there is definitely some sequence of activity that promptly triggers the bsod to come to life. And I think if I video chat for a while in skype, that will be the perfect recipe to simulate a bsod almost certainly. LOL.

Any solutions? I will be more than happy to get a dump file that dump the hard disk of the vaio.

Do you reckon I uncheck the restart system on failure option so that I can catch a glimpse of the bsod error code?

MvdB

We need a dumpfile. Check these pre-requisites for creating a dump please:
Quote:
Page file must be on OS drive
- Page file base allocation size must be > than installed physical RAM
- Windows Error Reporting (WER) system service should be set to MANUAL
- Set page file to system managed, OS drive

srinpraveen

I have enclosed my reply in bold for readabilty.


Page file must be on OS drive
- Page file base allocation size must be > than installed physical RAM
Page file is on the OS drive which is C drive in my case. Installed Physical RAM is 4000MB out of which usable RAM is 3740MB in my system. I have changed the page file size to 6144MB which should be sufficient.
- Windows Error Reporting (WER) system service should be set to MANUAL
Where do I check this as to whether my system has this as manual or not?
- Set page file to system managed, OS drive
If page file size is set to system managed, then the system only allocates 3740MB of paging file size which as per our discussion was suspected to be less for the creation of a dump file. So I had to change the options in the performance tab to custom size and key in 6144MB. But even if the page file was system managed as it was previously, there was no dump file showing up with the system paging file size.

MvdB

Please try running this link: Page file must be on OS drive
http://sysnative.com/0x8/WMIC_Recove...riff2_html.exe



srinpraveen

pagefile.sys is on my C drive (OS drive). And attached here is the screenshot after running the link that you gave. So any clues can be gathered from that?

MvdB

I think that now looks ok. When you have another BSOD, check that minidump dir.

srinpraveen

But though it mentions that the dump files are gonna be stored on that Minidump folder, when I go and visit that directory (C:\Windows) I don't see any such folder nor any *.dmp files even if I enable "see hidden files and folders".

This means that the minidump folder is gonna be created only if a bsod occurs and at the same time if a dump file is written successfully. Since the bsods has happened, but I don't see the folder, that leads me to believe that the dump files are not written.

Is my inference correct?

srinpraveen

@Mvdb,
The BSODs are getting menacing. I just now got a kernel_data_inpage_error. I couldn't even catch a glimpse of the bsod as the settings is set to restart the system upon the system failure. And I still don't see the dump folder or any *.dmp file. Do you reckon I give it for a service to check the RAM and hard disks for any ailments and probably get them replaced?

MvdB

Try some testing yourself first:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

and memory testing:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

srinpraveen

I have done the former. But am yet to do the latter ie.memtest+. I will do it and let you know as soon as possible.

srinpraveen

I did the memtest for 2 passes. And there are no errors. So what next? And I have had no success with dumps so far.

MvdB

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by srinpraveen View Post
I did the memtest for 2 passes. And there are no errors. So what next? And I have had no success with dumps so far.

Memtest needs to run for a long time, 6 to 7 passes. It will take all night... Only then can you be relatively sure...

srinpraveen

Oh that's news to me. I will do that tonight then. Will do it for 7 passes. Will report back tomorrow.

srinpraveen

@Mvdb,
I ran memtest all night. And doesn't seem to show up any error. So what is the next step now?



MvdB

Lets be sure(r) and do CPU and HD tests too:

For a full diagnostic of your HD that goes beyond Chkdsk, see:
HD Diagnostic

Try this free stress test: Free Software - GIMPS
Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.
Then when it really looks like it is not HW... we'll use Driver Verifier...
Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

srinpraveen

@Mvdb,
The free GIMPS link for windows 7 64 bit did not work. Is there an alternate link for that? By the way, I am going through the other link that you have given.

MvdB

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by srinpraveen View Post
@Mvdb,
The free GIMPS link for windows 7 64 bit did not work. Is there an alternate link for that? By the way, I am going through the other link that you have given.

??? just tried it (yours is the 64B...) and it works fine : ftp://mersenne.org/gimps/p64v266.zip

srinpraveen

It was not working in internet explorer. But I was able to download it through firefox with internet download manager. Thanks and I will check it out and report back.

MvdB

Hello Srinpraveen, did it work? You ok now?

srinpraveen

I didn't know exactly what I needed to do with GIMPS. But all I did was just started the Prime95.exe file and it started running some "threads". I started monitoring the temperature simulaneously with CPUID Hardware Monitor. At idle conditon the temperature was 57 degrees. But when I ran gimps, the temperature kept rising to the eighties and then the 90s..And then I got alarmed. I closed the application out of fear. Here is the screenshot of the temperatures. Maybe if I hadn't closed gimps, the temperature of the core may have even gone upto 100 degrees. Who knows!!

Sorry that I couldn't respond back sooner.

MvdB

Ok, thx for posting back. Prime tests your system 'harder' than most normal software would. We use it to see if, by forcing hard work in the system, we can identify the source of problems that we have. In your case, I'm still unsure to be honest, but it sounds to me as if 57 idle is a bit on the high side and tested you certainly want to keep it below 90, even 85. Are you sure all airways, fans etc are clean/no dust choking things up?

srinpraveen

As far as I can see, there seems to be no dust on the airways and vents. But whether there is dust on the fan--That I guess can be determined by dismantling and opening and examining the laptop and I am not too good at removing stuff and examining...But I think hopefully there shouldn't be any dust internally. For running my normal apps/work, the core temp hovers between 50 to 58 degrees as can be seen in the screenshot. (Am running mozilla firefox, gom player and ms sticky notes)

MvdB

Don't know what your ambient temp is but that seems to be a bit high

srinpraveen

I live where the ambient temperature is around 35 degrees on an average. A laptop would have to be rugged enough to sustain uptil 40 degrees right? should be...

By the way, I just got 1 more bsod just now but thankfully before that, I got a "cute little" windows error message saying
"The instructions at 0x755810D0 referenced memory at 0x758CC860. The required data was not in place into memory because of an I/O error status 0X........" It flashed for a few moments before the blue screen came up and restarted the system.

Thankfully I was able to take note of most part of the error message.

Does it throw some light somewhere? Like A ray of light at the end of the tunnel?



MvdB

Sorry, no, it doesn't really...we need to get your dumps working...but I'm at wits end there...

MvdB

On second thought, after re-reading the whole thread, I see that you never posted the rest of the info we normally ask for, not only dumps but also logs etc. So please follow these instructions to the letter so we do get all the info we can out of your system?
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

srinpraveen

Yes sure...I will upload all those (excluding the dump alone)...Thanks for alerting about that.

srinpraveen

I have uploaded all that is needed to be uploaded as per the bsod thread posting guidelines.

And here are some pointers.
1) The health status will mention that it did not detect any valid antivirus program. That's not true because I am using avira Antivirus free from the day I bought the laptop.
2) Also it will say that user access control is disabled. That's because I am the only person who uses the laptop that I am using currently and so I didn't see a need for user accounts. So I just have a single account with administrative rights.
3) I have posted my system details by making use of CPU-Z and also typing "systeminfo" in command prompt.
4) I have included another extra zip file that contains the system details and also the list of drivers in my computer.

And
Age of my hardware: 11 months (I bought the pc in the last week of August 2010)

So that about sums up the details and health status of my laptop so far. Hope these extra details may give you some clues.

By the way I googled a bit about the error "The instructions at 0x755810D0 referenced memory at 0x758CC860. The required data was not in place into memory because of an I/O error status 0X........"
Some people say it is a RAM issue and RAM needs to be removed and put back again but I am just not confident enough to dismantle any part of my laptop for fear of messing things up.

MvdB

Thx for that, well done. I'll look at it as soon as I can, it is late here, problably tomorrow morning. We'll get to the bottom of this one way or the other....

srinpraveen

Thnx buddy...And no problem at all...take your time...

MvdB

As a test, please delete, or make sure you turn off the following applications:

Driver Reviver. (should not need that in W7 anyway...). It has caused crashes.
GOM.exe. De-install this media player. It too caused crashes.
Vaio Content Folder Watcher. It has a file (VCFw.exe) which also crashed. Please disable and make sure its files do not load on startup (if needed use msconfig to check,post if you need help on that.)

If these do not solve, next step is to look at your VMware stuff as some seem to cause problems also.

De-install or update the following:
HTML Code:
deskpins    1.30.0.0    61.00 KB (62,464 bytes)    5/2/2004 10:32 PM    Elias Fotinis    c:\program files (x86)\deskpins\deskpins.exe 

srinpraveen

Sorry buddy was a bit busy..Checked ur reply just now..I will do these stuff and report back as early as I can

srinpraveen

By the way, I have been forgetting to mention this while...The win 7 is just getting more and more bsod prone by the day.. And the only saving grace till date has been my wubi ubuntu which I dual boot along with win 7. Till date, it has not given me a single problem of bsods. It surprises me as to how ubuntu is bsod free and on the same laptop, win 7 gives bsods.

Why I am saying this at this juncture is because this might maybe throw some light on this issue. Because if RAm and hard disk are bad, then ubuntu is also not supposed to work right? So thats why I mention this now to maybe sort of give a different angle to tacking this issue.

MvdB

Yeah, you could be right... but 100% sure is only if we identify what it is. For example... some people never know they have a problem with their graphics card until the play the one game that really tests the card.
So the diff between ubuntu and w7 is probably that you don't stress it as much in ubuntu..
Again, you are probably right, chances are slim it is hardware...



srinpraveen

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
As a test, please delete, or make sure you turn off the following applications:

Driver Reviver. (should not need that in W7 anyway...). It has caused crashes.
GOM.exe. De-install this media player. It too caused crashes.
Vaio Content Folder Watcher. It has a file (VCFw.exe) which also crashed. Please disable and make sure its files do not load on startup (if needed use msconfig to check,post if you need help on that.)

If these do not solve, next step is to look at your VMware stuff as some seem to cause problems also.

De-install or update the following:
HTML Code:
deskpins    1.30.0.0    61.00 KB (62,464 bytes)    5/2/2004 10:32 PM    Elias Fotinis    c:\program files (x86)\deskpins\deskpins.exe 

Actually I don't have driver reviver any more. I am not sure why it showed up in the first place. Also I have uninstalled deskpins as I couldn't find an update for it. Also I have disabled Sony Vaio volume watcher from loading on startup.

And anything else I need to do? By the way, I had been using wubi ubuntu for the past 5 days. Its been working exceptionally well. I had been putting under extreme strain. I did not shut down my laptop for 3 days. Did all sorts of things. But still not a single bsod.

Also I installed my windows 7 dvd through wubi ubuntu using virtualbox. Its been working like a charm without bsods. I think there is some problem with this pre-installed windows 7 that came with the vaio.

Do you reckon I format this preinstalled win 7 home premium OS and then replace it with the Windows 7 dvd that I have? Would it work?

MvdB

It could. By now you seem to have proven it is probably a driver problem. As you saw in my earlier post...sometimes we think we clean things up if we de-install software... but, regretfully the de-installs don't always do their job well. In your case Driver Reviver is just one example.

The good thing about a clean install is that it is exactly that, clean. You then, in the future, need to make sure you have restore points you can go back to and only install new stuff (including third party driver/version updates ) one at a time so you can test if that new thing works....

srinpraveen

Alright. I noted your point. And by the way, a couple of hours back I got another bsod kernel_inpage_data_error even after deinstalling deskpins and doing all the other requisites mentioned. So I guess if I change this OS and replace it with the windows 7 pro dvd that I have, then things might be okay?

Can I go ahead then and install the win 7 pro dvd? And later I am kind of going to install ubuntu live cd as well and try to get to dual boot both the OS to live a peaceful life thereafter, hopefully free from bsods.

MvdB

Hope your wish to come true

srinpraveen

Cool I will go ahead change my OS and report back after a few days if my life is smooth.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét