Thứ Năm, 18 tháng 8, 2016

Windows 7 64 bit crashes. part 1


dook

When i first started messing with Win7 6801 onwards, everything was running so smoothly for me. Right up until 7068.

Since I've upgraded from that, I think it was 7077 next where it started being much slower and had random crashes etc.

Once I upgraded to RC1 It was even worse, it was crashing whenever i loaded it up. So much so that i gave up and went back to Vista 64 bit. (Whcih i found to be at least twice as fast.

I installed builds since this but kept getting the same problem.

Anyway along came 7264 and it ran perfectly! No problems at all. So i figured they'd ironed out whatever my problem was. So along came 7600. (85) I installed this 2 days ago and suddenly my crashes are back. IRQ Less than or Equal to is my BSOD.

So again i just thought nevermind i'll go back to 7264. However, when i went back to 7264, it's giving me the crashes there as well now too. I installed it exactly the same, with the exact same drivers, exact same install disk (not reburned, the actual one.)

So now I'm very, very confused.

I'm running;

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 (2.5ghz)
8GB Corsair DDR2 800mhz
1.5TB 7200 Samsung
500GB 7200 Seagate
512mb XFX Geforce 9800GTX+
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 (Windows Vista X64 Driver)

There's only the M Audio card that's using a non Windows 7 driver.

Any ideas anyone? I've no memory dumps atm because I've formatted and gone back to vista. If required i'll install it tonight when i get home from work and see what it spits out?

Thanks



Squuiid

Do two things.

1. Download, burn and boot off of this:
http://www.memtest.org/download/2.11...+-2.11.iso.zip
If you get any errors remove some DIMMs and retest until no errors.

2. Do a clean install of Windows 7 x64 WITHOUT the sound card in there.

billdo

It seems to be random. My guess would be corrupt installations due to memory and or HD failing. Sometimes your getting lucky and not corrupting critical system files... sometimes not.

You may also want to check your media used to install ie:flash drive,dvd,etc...You may of had a bad burn or your optical drive is failing if using disc.

copernicus

I'm gonna say it's your HD on it's way out, start backing up just in case.

usasma

i don't recommend doing this but you can go bakc to the older build of windows 7 and see it still works like it use too... but if it doesn't... it could be your HDD or the Sound Card.

dook

back up your files and run a stress test

dook

Try the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor beta: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Post the memory dumps when you get 'em.

Most likely it's a driver that doesn't like Win7. I suspect that Microsoft is using Vista drivers on Windows Update - as it updated my RAID card, yet the manufacturer says it's not going to make Win7 drivers for my card.

Squuiid

Interesting you say about the hard drive, I can't rememebr when exactly but my hard drive is only a few months old so it might be the problem? Perhaps I was using my old hard drive on the old ones - it's too far back to remember now.

Also an interesting note, thinking about it now is when i was running 7264 succesfully last time, i'd partitioned the drive into like a 600 and an 800 (something like that) and it was running fine on the 600.

Time for a partition I think. Could this be something to do with partition tables? I'm not very good with hard drives & boot sectors and all that lot.

Any recommendations on that?

My gut was telling me it was my sound card, but it's strange that the fault's intermittent like this.

I'll try the other suggestions on here too.

Thanks so much.

Guest

Oh also @bildo I installed 7600 off of my pen drive and got the problems and installed the other builds all from disk, so I don't think it's the media.

Thanks

Guest

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by dook View Post
Interesting you say about the hard drive, I can't rememebr when exactly but my hard drive is only a few months old so it might be the problem? Perhaps I was using my old hard drive on the old ones - it's too far back to remember now.

Also an interesting note, thinking about it now is when i was running 7264 succesfully last time, i'd partitioned the drive into like a 600 and an 800 (something like that) and it was running fine on the 600.

Time for a partition I think. Could this be something to do with partition tables? I'm not very good with hard drives & boot sectors and all that lot.

Any recommendations on that?

My gut was telling me it was my sound card, but it's strange that the fault's intermittent like this.

I'll try the other suggestions on here too.

Thanks so much.
Definitely not your hard drive. Red herring for sure.

dook

Hi,

I would say that if your 7264 and your vista are running without problems, there's nothing wrong with your hardware.

The BSOD states a warning about IRQ.

This indicates to me it could be the way 7600 handles ACPI.

Probably two pieces of hardware sharing the same IRQ are conflicting.

Try putting your soundcard into another PCI slot, thus forcing it to use a different IRQ.

I advise doing a clean install after that.

Good luck!



Squuiid

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by Squuiid View Post
Definitely not your hard drive. Red herring for sure.

Any ideas as to what then? The sound card perhaps?

I'll install 7600 now and post any memory dumps.

Thanks guys.

dook

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by dook View Post
Any ideas as to what then? The sound card perhaps?

I'll install 7600 now and post any memory dumps.

Thanks guys.
Read my post just above this one you posted.

Good luck.

dook

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by dook View Post
Any ideas as to what then? The sound card perhaps?

I'll install 7600 now and post any memory dumps.

Thanks guys.
Check my 1st post on this thread.
Go with your gut. Either sound card or RAM in my opinion.

dook

Well in a twist of usual stupid fate (haha) I've just installed 7600 on a partitioned space and there's not an error in sight. It's nice and smooth!

So I'm just gonna stick with this for now! I really don't understand how partitioning the harddrive can stop the errors but I'm not complaining!!

Also, I know this could have been part of the problem, thinking back, I've been running 2 graphics cards, a Nvidia 9800gtx+ and a Radeon HD2600 so I can run 4 monitors.

This was the one thing that i couldn't stick with vista for, because vista requires identical WDDM drivers to run 2 cards whereas 7 can use 2 different ones.

Needless to say it's running perfectly now!

Thanks

dook

Spoke to soon as always.

I left my PC on today with uTorrent running and when i've come home it has litterally crashed about 10 minutes after i'd left.

I seem to recall that uTorrent's been running every time that it's crashed.

Incidentally, It's the same torrent everytime - but surely a torrent can't be crashing my desktop? There's about 1000 seeds and like 2000 leechers!!

It's truly bizzare. Anyway I'm gonna try a different client maybe.

Anybody heard any compatability isseus with uTorrent and Win7??

Cheers.


Btw it's a total freeze i'm getting. The image on the screen is the one from the time it crashed - ie. the clock still says 5:30pm at 11pm...

Thanks

Guest

dook,

A few posts up I wrote you a possible solution.

Try moving your soundcard to different PCI slot in your pc.

It is most likely an IRQ issue.

Greetz

Guest

@squonksc

Sorry man I've been completely ignorant towards you I don't know why I've repeatedly ignored what you've put. I sware it wasn't purposeful!!

All my PCI slots are being used, so i'll have to swap them around - will this be enough?

also could you explain to me what IRQ is? and what issues you can have?

Many thanks

Guest

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by dook View Post
@squonksc

Sorry man I've been completely ignorant towards you I don't know why I've repeatedly ignored what you've put. I sware it wasn't purposeful!!

All my PCI slots are being used, so i'll have to swap them around - will this be enough?

also could you explain to me what IRQ is? and what issues you can have?

Many thanks
No problem dook,

Explaining IRQ is a topic of it's own so I will give you a link to Wikipedia.
Interrupt request - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But what you should know is that hardware used to have it's own IRQ, but nowadays hardware can share IRQ.

This is normally a good thing because you can add more hardware, but it sometimes it can be the source of major problem / conflicts.

You said all your PCI slots are filled. I don't know how many you have, but filling more than 3 PCI slot is know to cause major conflicts too.

Depends alot on the hardware in question.

You should consider taking a card out, but if they are all absolutely necessary, you have to start moving them around and test it until you find a stable setup.

The hardware tab can actually assist you in this because you can find out which IRQ the different hardware is using.

If I were you I would first move the soundcard to the 1st PCI slot.

Older hardware is more likely to cause problems in the 3rd or 4th PCI slot.

If it's already in the 1st, put it somewhere else.

Also taking them all out and one for one putting them in can help you find the root of the problem.

It's a bit of fiddling but it will most likely solve your problem.

Good luck.

Guest

Well I only have 2 PCI slots, the rest are PCIe

It's in the second at the minute so I'll give it a swap around.

I've had the soundcard for maybe 4 months now and it runs fine on Vista / XP which is why i can't understand why Windows 7 has a problem with it.

But i'll definately switch it around tomorrow morning when i get up.

I still can't help but think Utorrent is somehow responsible. I've read on the utorrent forums of other people with the exact same issue but people over there are saying only a driver could be causing the problem - which is strange.

Thanks man

dook

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by dook View Post
Well I only have 2 PCI slots, the rest are PCIe

It's in the second at the minute so I'll give it a swap around.

I've had the soundcard for maybe 4 months now and it runs fine on Vista / XP which is why i can't understand why Windows 7 has a problem with it.

But i'll definately switch it around tomorrow morning when i get up.

I still can't help but think Utorrent is somehow responsible. I've read on the utorrent forums of other people with the exact same issue but people over there are saying only a driver could be causing the problem - which is strange.

Thanks man
I am curious what is in the other PCI slot?



dook

Morning everyone,

@squonksc - It was a TV Tuner. I've taken it out now and I'm still getting the same problems. I'm gonna try switching the ports around now, see if i get anywhere.

@usamsa - The update adviser told me that my sound card isn't compatible with Windows 7. I'm guessing that would be what's causing the error? Apparently M-Audio are at an internal beta stage for drivers for the sound card. The vista 64 ones did work fine though appart from one snag - the PC wouldn't shut down, so i had to make a logoff rule to end the audio service and after that i seemingly had no problems.

vpr

okay, i've switched the pci slot that the soundcard is in, the system was fine for about 2 hours. Then I opened up uTorrent and the PC crashed in like 5 minutes.

Also, as earlier suggested, i did a memory check. (memtest x86+) that came back with no errors.

So i'm still very lost. I can't understand why it would be uTorrent causing it to crash, but it's the only constant i can find.

dook

Hi Dook,

I've been having similar problems to you, except mine have been ongoing for about a year now. It doesn't help that I'm an American living in China that doesn't speak fluent Chinese, so it's difficult to find parts and/or test things.

I've replaced my motherboard twice, memory twice, bought new HDs (added them to my existing ones though), and done all sorts of tests but I continue to get random restarts, bsods, freezes both in Vista x86 and windows 7 x64. It's gotten to the point where I just want to get rid of my computer and start over, but it's not something I can afford.

I too also have a 9800GTX+ and I also run uTorrent (all night) - these are similarities I've seen between our posts. I'm currently running a C2D E6300 w/ 4GB Ram (1x1GB or 2x2GB doesn't matter) and several SATAII HDs.

Keep us updated, I'm paying attention to this thread.

dook

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by vpr View Post
Hi Dook,

I've been having similar problems to you, except mine have been ongoing for about a year now. It doesn't help that I'm an American living in China that doesn't speak fluent Chinese, so it's difficult to find parts and/or test things.

I've replaced my motherboard twice, memory twice, bought new HDs (added them to my existing ones though), and done all sorts of tests but I continue to get random restarts, bsods, freezes both in Vista x86 and windows 7 x64. It's gotten to the point where I just want to get rid of my computer and start over, but it's not something I can afford.

I too also have a 9800GTX+ and I also run uTorrent (all night) - these are similarities I've seen between our posts. I'm currently running a C2D E6300 w/ 4GB Ram (1x1GB or 2x2GB doesn't matter) and several SATAII HDs.

Keep us updated, I'm paying attention to this thread.

I've gotta say Vista 64 has always ran perfectly for me, as does XP. However when this started messing up the other night, I installed Vista and it's being a little choppy on there now too.

I'm on windows 7 now and as long as i don't open uTorrent it runs fine. What driver do you have installed for your GFX card?

vpr

I've left the PC on for the past 8 hours and it's been absolutely fine without uTorrent open.

I really think it has to be uTorrent. But what the hell could cause it to crash the system completely?!

my system hasn't crashed like that since XP...

vpr

@dook

I was using the latest available drivers from nvidia - it has crashed so many times that windows 7 will no longer boot saying that the registry is either missing or corrupt, and asking me to do a repair. However, something is wrong with my DVD drive as it will burn a disk fine, but won't read the same disk it's burnt.

dook

You have not filled out your system specs in acordance with forum policy. I will try to help you without the information I really need.

Uninstall uTorrent. Acquire latest version, no betas. Reinstall and test.

uTorrent, in and of itself, is neither problematic nor a likely cause of your memory crashes. Any torrent client stresses RAM and thrashes a disk, stressing the drive motor. This stress is also placed on the drive controller/host adapter, which is more tolerant. The stress is felt in the power distribution, not exclusive to the power supply, and can affect the northbridge (memory).

Possible solutions (only on-site tech can really determine the order):

Temporarily replace power supply. You may be underpowered (how can I tell w/o specs?) Make sure the test PSU is of appropriate capacity. Boot and test.

You can individually uninstall each device via Device Manager. Scan for hardware changes, allowing Windows to automatically install found drivers. Manually install certain video and sound drivers, specialty cards IF you know there are special concerns relative to that card. Boot each time. Replace all drivers before testing. You MUST begin with the chipset drivers - No Exception to validate this method.

You report MemTest with no errors but not iterations. MemTest does not stress the power distribution across the whole board. Replace all RAM chips with known good sticks, or remove and rotate each current RAM chip per test. Boot and test with single RAM chips and cycle through all sticks. It may be necessary to populate two DIMM slots and perform a cycle of this test - it is possible for all sticks to pass individually but to fail as a group.

Tweaking voltages in BIOS may help. Bump the northbridge up one notch. Boot and test.

Replace HDD, recreate OS and software environment. Test. If this fails, you have a mother/daughterboard problem. Remove all cards possible, boot and test. Replace one card at a time, inserting high power draw cards closest to the PSU (especially NIC if applicable). If all cards pass, you have a mobo or CPU problem.

Other knowledgeable members, please advise.

Guest

I updated my system specs, but the OP hasn't yet.

Guest

Sorry, I posted my specs in the original post, but I'll do them on the profile part now too.

fyi, my power supply is an ezcool 550w.

I've never had this problem before. I'm dual booting (two hard drives) and XP runs just fine?

It's going to take a while to do all the recommendations you gave there so i'll give you an update in a few hours.

Thanks

chev65

People with this crashing problem read this thread and the fix I came up with.
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...tml#post162766



dook

My problem is I'm not getting BSOD's anymore, just the whole PC crashes when I open uTorrent.

my system's uptime is 20 hours now, because i havent opened uTorrent.

If i do it will crash within 20 minutes.

chev65

I like the looks of Chev65's tweak. Esp. since you are driving 2Gb x4. Bump up the northbridge voltage one notch and test. Also, make sure you have the latest uTorrent.

Regarding the PSU - I drive a CL 500. That doesn't mean I will never have a problem with it.

dook

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by dook View Post
My problem is I'm not getting BSOD's anymore, just the whole PC crashes when I open uTorrent.

my system's uptime is 20 hours now, because i havent opened uTorrent.

If i do it will crash within 20 minutes.
This fix has been known to fix Crashes, BSOD, and general instablity. For Win 7 and 4GB it seems that using more than the default northbridge voltage is required to be stable.

This fix has surprized many people and not only on this forum. This is the third time I've posted this fix here and it seems to work for someone everytime.

I'm not sure about the Utorrent deal though, I never had any problems running Utorrent. Most of the problems occur when moving files accross the network which tends to load the memory controller causing instablity if the NB voltages aren't up high enough, even on systems running stock CPU settings. Maybe someday I'll have more than one Rep point LOL.

usasma

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
This is the third time I've posted this fix here...Maybe someday I'll have more than one Rep point LOL.
Actually, you post links to threads with a cryptic reference to what the reader will find. That behavior emulates malware. This will not earn rep points from those members with higher rep points to give.

This is as much a teaching platform as it is a learning environment. What you have uncovered with this suggestion is significant, if not profoundly intuitive. Keep up the good work and conform.

You will be assimilated.

dook

haha I'm just very wary of upping the northbridge. I don't want to overclock at all, i know it's not massive, but anything above stock is overclocked and to be honest, Windows 7 should NOT require this. My CPU has a FSB of 1333 why would this need to be upped? My ram is only 800mhz...

dook

Win7 is beta - that means it may not be stable.
While I don't mess with the voltages/BIOS settings any longer, I do recognize the need to test to see if it fixes things.

I'd try the voltage "tweak" mentioned. If you're unsure about it, up it one setting at a time. Watch for instability. If you get problems, revert back to the previous settings to verify that it was the settings causing it.

Then you'll have the information that you need. You can either revert back to stock settings, or keep the settings that work for you.

Guest

To be honest I've come to the conclusion it's a lot more hassle than it's worth. My system is rock solid stable except for uTorrent, so I'm just going to use a different torrent program. I've seen on the uTorrent forums that there are numerous people running Win7 with this problem so I'm going to assume it will be fixed in their next build and until then use a different client.

Cheers

Guest

Quote:
System Manufacturer/Model Number Dook1
OS Windows 7600.16385 / Vista x64 / XP
CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300. 2.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P5K-C
Memory 8GB (4x 2GB) Corsair 800mhz
Graphics Card 512mb XFX Geforce 9800GTX+ (Pcie) / Radeon 2600HD Pro (Pcie)
Sound Card M-Audio Audiophile 24/96
Monitor(s) Displays 2x Hanns-G 19", 1x Generic 15", 1x 42" NEC
Screen Resolution 2x 1280x1024, 1x 1024x768, 1x 1360x768
Many forums all over are complaining about ASUS mobo's in reference to Win7 X64. Also many bios do not default the PCIE settings on the Video cards.
he also shows different monitors, and different Video cards. Not sure if he has all them installed, and trying to use. at the same time .. All manufactures do RECOMMEND that all Video cards, (be of the same type and manufacture).
not sure if the same is recommended on dual monitors, but it would make since, to have twin or nearly identical monitors.

Guest

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
Many forums all over are complaining about ASUS mobo's in reference to Win7 X64. Also many bios do not default the PCIE settings on the Video cards.
he also shows different monitors, and different Video cards. Not sure if he has all them installed, and trying to use. at the same time .. All manufactures do RECOMMEND that all Video cards, (be of the same type and manufacture).
not sure if the same is recommended on dual monitors, but it would make since, to have twin or nearly identical monitors.
Windows 7 100% supports 2 WDDM drivers, as did windows XP. Windows Vista does not. The 4 monitor thing is perfectly fine - I tried it with only one card installed and it still encountered the same error. Cheers.

dook

Yes, your correct in all that you said. what I'm in reference to is:
Quote:
Graphics Card 512mb XFX Geforce 9800GTX+ (Pcie) / Radeon 2600HD Pro (Pcie)
GForce and Radeon cards - together in Windows 7.
The possibility that the monitors will not work, 100% correctly together is the other. XP might be 100% ok, and you seem like you do not like Vista. Maybe Win7 will act more like Vista since it basically is the same.




chev65

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
Yes, your correct in all that you said. what I'm in reference to is:


GForce and Radeon cards - together in Windows 7.
The possibility that the monitors will not work, 100% correctly together is the other. XP might be 100% ok, and you seem like you do not like Vista. Maybe Win7 will act more like Vista since it basically is the same.
No I love Vista, but it's disabled in vista, it litterally can't be done.

They've re-enabled it in 7.

In Vista, you can run 2 cards side by side as long as they are of the same build, ie 2 Geforce's or 2 Radeons (Not model, that's SLI, but actual brands - I used to run a geforce 7300 and a 6150 side by side in vista)

Now they've enabled it so you can use different cards completely together - they work perfectly.

dook

dook,

I don't know why we, myself included have kept on suggesting all these solutions while you have proven to me beyond doubt, there is clearly something wrong with utorrent.

If your system stays solid for 8 or 20 hrs and crashes each time you open utorrent it is pretty obvious one should think. lol

When I went to the doctor and said, doctor, every time I push my finger on my nose it hurts, he said: well, then don't push it. and I was cured.

Moral of the story. Don't use utorrent.

(or maybe find a version that works for you)

There are plenty of alternatives out there.

chev65

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
I like the looks of Chev65's tweak. Esp. since you are driving 2Gb x4. Bump up the northbridge voltage one notch and test. Also, make sure you have the latest uTorrent.

Regarding the PSU - I drive a CL 500. That doesn't mean I will never have a problem with it.
I'm not sure what cryptic reference means. The link I posted was from a month or two ago and it doesn't seem like malware to me. I'm really not too sure about how the point system works around here so I just won't worry about it anymore.

bigrcanada

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
dook,

I don't know why we, myself included have kept on suggesting all these solutions while you have proven to me beyond doubt, there is clearly something wrong with utorrent.

If your system stays solid for 8 or 20 hrs and crashes each time you open utorrent it is pretty obvious one should think. lol

When I went to the doctor and said, doctor, every time I push my finger on my nose it hurts, he said: well, then don't push it. and I was cured.

Moral of the story. Don't use utorrent.

(or maybe find a version that works for you)

There are plenty of alternatives out there.
Haha yeah man i'm coming up to 3 days uptime now. It's bye bye uTorrent. I do think people should be told about this on the forums because there must be plenty of other people with the same problem. Like i said the uTorrent forums have other cases of it there too.

But seriously thanks for everyones hard effort on this thread - there's been a phenominal response. I hope I've repped every one of you - I think I have.

Just hoping uTorrent address this problem ASAP as i can't really imagine using another torrent program!

bigrcanada

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by dook View Post
haha I'm just very wary of upping the northbridge. I don't want to overclock at all, i know it's not massive, but anything above stock is overclocked and to be honest, Windows 7 should NOT require this. My CPU has a FSB of 1333 why would this need to be upped? My ram is only 800mhz...
I'm not twisting your arm to do anytihng here, it's just a proven suggestion that has worked for quite a few other people.

For what every reason certain systems with 4GB or more of memory require a bit of extra voltage to the NB. This was true before Windows 7 ever came out.

Many types of enthusiast boards need manual bios adjustment to run correctly. I'm not sure what board or brand you have but you can't expect every bios setting to be spot on from the factory.

Adding a bit of extra voltage to your chip set certainly will not destroy it.

It is also quite possible that you would need some manual bios adjustments when running 1333 FSB. In fact the Auto bios settings are often far from being correct.

You do realize that if you are using the Auto settings in bios there is a good chance that your board is already being overvolted? Not to mention it's very unlikely that any of the Auto memory settings are correct either.

PS I'm using the same build as you and I can assure you that Utorrent works perfectly with this build and all the other ones.

PSS, I find it interesting that you said this "I don't want to overclock at all, i know it's not massive, but anything above stock is overclocked and to be honest, Windows 7 should NOT require this." When in fact this link I posted proves exactly the opposite is true. http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...tml#post162766

PSSS, adding a very small amout of voltage to the NB is NOT considered overclocking in any way, shape, or form. In fact it's standard procedure with most any Motherboard worth owning.

dook

I think no one is really mentioning much about PSU as a possible source of all these issues. About a month and a half ago I had HUGE issues. Replaced EVERY piece of my system in almost every configuration possible with dozens of reinstalls. I had a fairly new thermal take 750W unit and thought nothing of it as it was under a year old. DUH! after almost 2 weeks and hundreds of bucks on switching hardware pieces...I decided on a whim to dump out my PSU...PRESTO! went to a Antec 850 and bingo...no issues. I have 6 different systems running in my office...and on 2 machines now i've found sensitivity to PSU issues. Take my word...its worth a try. Windows 7 rocks in IMHO, but it requires A+ source power. And like the OP'er, issues came out in certain apps in different times etc. I think certain apps may tax or address certain parts of the system and expose weeknesses. FYI...tried half dozen cooling devices thought that could be a problem...now Im actually OC'ing with stock cooling devices and works just fine after new PSU install.

Cheers,

BigR

chev65

...I thought I read early on that the OP'r is running a 500W PSU?!? If that is the case that would be a major issue in Windows 7 x64. 2 V/C's and 4 monitors, all slots eaten up and lotso memory...500W PSU is not even close to enough, especially if its a OEM type unit and not a performance unit.

jmho,

bigR

Guest

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by bigrcanada View Post
...I thought I read early on that the OP'r is running a 500W PSU?!? If that is the case that would be a major issue in Windows 7 x64. 2 V/C's and 4 monitors, all slots eaten up and lotso memory...500W PSU is not even close to enough, especially if its a OEM type unit and not a performance unit.

jmho,

bigR
It'a 550w.

The thing everyone seems to be ignoring here though is the fact i can run something like COD4 for hours, without problem.

my system is 100% stable I haven't had any crash or anything, since i stopped running uTorrent.

Litterally the computer acts perfectly, there's nothing at all wrong. It's fast, responsive etc. Just when i open uTorrent after a few minutes it freezes. "Burst" runs perfectly well as a torrent client.

It wont be my power supply because i can easily boot into XP and use uTorrent.

It's just a bug either in Windows 7 or the uTorrent software.

Guest

I agree, using an under powered PSU will also cause these types of problems. Utorrent is only a symptom of the real problem. Blaming Utorrent will get you no where because they aren't about to change the program because a few people are having problems with it.

Like I have said so many time's to no avail. Windows 7 puts more load on the chipset which requires a bit of extra voltage to perform correctly. Most likely dook, you will also see crashing if you attempt to move large files accross the network.

The actual "bug" is sitting behind the monitor.

Signing out of this thread, have fun dook.

bigrcanada

It could very well be that its Utorrent, but even running COD4, which I also run...doesn't mean Utorrent isn't "touching" something special and causing an issue. I had the same thing happen with another what I though benign app and everything else worked expect it! Networking intensive apps, like the previous poster stated, will be a recurring bug.

At this point...and considering that amount you've put into other hardware on your system its worth a try. Its like having a Porsche running with a 2 banger under the hood, it'll run on a 550W but that is by no means recommended, especially considering that is one area W7 is sensitive about.

...then of course, for what ever goofy reason it could be Utorrent on your machine?!?

Keep us posted.

BigR



dook

Well I've deicided to experiment a little, I saw that nvidia released some new graphics cards drivers. I updated mine to them and as a little test left uTorrent running.

uTorrent's been on now for about 5 hours with no crash.

So I'm at a loss.

550w is more than enough power though for my system. People go overboard with power supplies - you don't need half of what people suggest.

A good 550w is much better than a crap 800w.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét