Thứ Năm, 18 tháng 8, 2016

Various computer problems [URGENT] part 1


BlackDinomite

For a long time now I have been facing numerous problems with my computer. I have tried many supposed solutions but none have worked. My problems consist of: Unresponsive buttons to access administrative tools, the error that my computer does not detect me as the admin even though I set myself as the admin when I got it new I am also the only person who uses the computer. I have small disk symbols in-front of my desktop icons which are more of a nuisance than a problem, Most all of the windows updates I try to install fail. And when trying to install items like silverlight or updates, I get an error that reads "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

Then It then prompts me to locate the source which I can never find. I also get these error codes after my updates fail 66A, 800064C, and 64C. I am not very educated in computer software so ANY help you guys can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.
If you need any more info or pics on my problems please let me know. Thank you!



PwnFrnzy

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by BlackDinomite View Post
For a long time now I have been facing numerous problems with my computer. I have tried many supposed solutions but none have worked. My problems consist of: Unresponsive buttons to access administrative tools, the error that my computer does not detect me as the admin even though I set myself as the admin when I got it new I am also the only person who uses the computer. I have small disk symbols in-front of my desktop icons which are more of a nuisance than a problem, Most all of the windows updates I try to install fail. And when trying to install items like silverlight or updates, I get an error that reads "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

Then It then prompts me to locate the source which I can never find. I also get these error codes after my updates fail 66A, 800064C, and 64C. I am not very educated in computer software so ANY help you guys can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.
If you need any more info or pics on my problems please let me know. Thank you!
Lets start with system file check

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

TheNewTom

Looking at your desktop you seem to only have Malwarebytes, and Advanced System Care, yet no Anti-Virus, which I would recommend to get one once this is resolved since there are many good free ones out there.

Back onto your original issue, I'm looking into your error codes. I found this:

66A: Seems to have something to do with .Net Framework 4 client profile, and it seems uninstalling that resolves the issue.
800064C: Nothing about it, but it seems to show up only on the Silverlight update.
64C: Seems to show up when updating Silverlight via Windows Update, the Update won't work due to your current installation of Silverlight being "broken".

Looking at the error codes I think you should try downloading Microsoft Silverlight, uninstall it from your PC, then reinstall it from the downloaded installer and see if anything changes after a restart. I know it may be stupid to think Silverlight would cause all of this, but it's worth a shot.

karlsnooks

I would suggest getting the program rkill.exe ....I cant remember the site where I got mine for my vista, but if you google rkill.exe and use it in safemode with networking and then while using malwarebytes in Safemode to detect and remove trojans.... and then use Microsoft Security Essentials.... I usualy have those on my desktop just in case....

BlackDinomite

We are awaiting the results of running sfc /scannow so that we accurately advise you how to proceed.

karlsnooks

Ok, for starters I don't think the verification worked. It say the verification phase is 100% complete but it also says "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation" I do have an anti virus software "Comodo" but I am on a different account that I was told to make on one of my fix searches. I have also tired to scan my computer in safe mode it came up with nothing. thank you for the quick replies btw

BlackDinomite

Please read the tutorial on running SFC.

Attach the sfcdetails.txt file to your next post.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

BlackDinomite

Alright here it is sorry for the delay.

karlsnooks

I have read threw the tutorial and I don't think it can help much.

Guest

SFC managed to repair your corrupt files.

Britton30

Try uninstalling all 3rd party (not Microsoft provided) and run the SFC commands again. There are multiple refences in your report which involve themes and images.
Code:
  2011-07-10 12:28:37, Info                  CSI    000005eb [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:22{11}]"dllhost.exe" from store 2011-07-10 12:28:37, Info                  CSI    000005ed [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:22{11}]"uxtheme.dll" from store 2011-07-10 12:28:37, Info                  CSI    000005ef [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:24{12}]"imageres.dll" from store 2011-07-10 12:28:37, Info                  CSI    000005f1 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:32{16}]"themeservice.dll" from store




karlsnooks

Download, install and run CCleaner (link in my sig).
Run the cleaner portion, run the registry portion. Don't worry CCleaner will give you the opportunity to save the registry before any cleaning.

AFTER the cleaning, then use this procedure:

LIST OF STARTUP PROGRAMS USING CCLEANER


CCleaner | Tasks icon | Startup tab | click on Save to text file button (bottom right side)

Using the PAPER CLIP icon in the top panel of a Message Reply window, attach the .txt file generated by CCleaner.

BlackDinomite

Well, as of last night my computer no longer boots up. In normal mode, safe mode, or safe mode with networking. It began doing this after I restarted my computer. This is bad. all I get is a black screen and my pointer. Before this started I ran CCleaner which I make a point to every so often. And sorry I didn't get to see your new posts before I restarted.

Britton30

Hopefully you have the Windows 7 DVD and can boot into Repair options with it and do a Start up repair.

karlsnooks

If he has a system repair disc, then he doesn't need his Win 7 dvd in this case.

Now it's a little more difficult, if his system in not bootable, because he must go to someones win 7 system of the same bit size, 32 or 64, and make the system repair disc there.

DISC - CREATE A SYSTEM REPAIR DISC
START | type System Repair | Enter key | Create Disc button

Windows Sniper

Sorry i noticed that he said he has Comodo on his system, If you Believe that to Be an Antivirus its not, its a Firewall Software Combo, It does not scan Files and folders such as AVG does. Its meant to Block People Accessing Your Computer.

karlsnooks

young chap,
all of us here regularly answering questions are familiar with comodo, and most of us have used or tried it one time or another and some still do.
Thanks for your concern,
karl

BlackDinomite

Ok after many tries I managed to get safe mode with networking booted up. And for the Win 7 repair disk my friend owns one. He has the same type of Win 7 as me could I use his disk? And I will be keeping this safe mode open as long as I can.

Windows Sniper

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
young chap,
all of us here regularly answering questions are familiar with comodo, and most of us have used or tried it one time or another and some still do.
Thanks for your concern,
karl
Sorry i wasnt Aiming at any of the Senior Members i was actually intending for Black to read it so he understood it.

I didnt actually think you were ignorant enough to not know what a firewall was.

karlsnooks

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by BlackDinomite View Post
Ok after many tries I managed to get safe mode with networking booted up. And for the Win 7 repair disk my friend owns one. He has the same type of Win 7 as me could I use his disk? And I will be keeping this safe mode open as long as I can.
Yes. You could use a system repair disc made on is computer, IF they both either 32 or 64. In other words, if yours is his 32 and his is 32 yes. If his is 64 and your is 64.

karlsnooks

windows sniper,
guess we could all benefit from learning to address our posts to the intended recipient.



BlackDinomite

Ok, upon receiving the disk. I noticed it said it was for ASUS computers. my computer is not ASUS but we are both 64 bit. I was hopeing I would get lucky so I put the disk in and opened it to find this install exe but I could not find it. I'm still on safe mode btw.

BlackDinomite

Should I try rolling my comp to an earlier date?

karlsnooks

Did you follow this procedure?

DISC - CREATE A SYSTEM REPAIR DISC
START | type System Repair | Enter key | Create Disc button

BlackDinomite

I can do that on my computer?
All that comes up is the action center.

BlackDinomite

GUYS! just now I rolled back my computer and it boots like it should I still have all of my old problems but at least my computer functions! Thank all you guys for your help! But if I haven't already asked to much could you guys help me with those other problems I'm having?

karlsnooks

State your problems. Refresh us.

BlackDinomite

Well there's the strange symbols in-front of my icons, the windows install error, the uninstallable updates, (all the pics are one first post) and the administrative problems.

Windows Sniper

BlackDinomite

Right i now understand this as i looked at your Photos properly,

The First Issue is the Shortcut Image has been replaced by the Installation Picture, Now im not too sure but i think Brink Wrote a Tutorial on how to Reset the Images since it has happened to a few people. I'll Get back to you on this one.

For the Uninstallable Updates, Can you Run CCleaner and Delete all Temporary Files and then remove Silverlight from your Pc. After Doing Both these Reinstall SIlverlight 'DIRECTLY' from Microsoft that should solve the error messages.

The Windows Install error is looking for the installation files in your temporary files so 'C:\fad5f4fda1f6' Deleting these with CCleaner and restarting the downloads Should Fix the Problem.

Now as to the Administrative Problems.

Can you Access the Run Command?
if so can you type this into the run command = Control Userpasswords2 and post back if a window pops up?

Windows Sniper

BlackDinomite,

Yep i was Right, there is a Tutorial.

Could you try having a read through this tutorial in an attempt to Fix your Icon Shortcuts?

Icon Cache - Rebuild

It was Created By Brink

Hope this all Helps

karlsnooks

Windows Sniper,
Since some programs using the %temp% for saving of their own temporary info that they will use the next time you restart, then CCleaner does not immediately clean out the temp folders. A wise and cautionary measure.

Most programs have stopped using the temp folders for info that they need to be there after a new restart.

As a general rule, but not a 100% rule, you can immediately clean out all temp folders, assuming you have closed all progams, then you can:
| type %temp% | ENTER | use Ctrl + A to select all | use Ctrl + D to delete all selected



Windows Sniper

Good Point Thanks for Adding it Karl

BlackDinomite

Ok I entered the command and I got a users window. It said I am set as an admin but the error is still there.

Windows Sniper

Right, Can you double click your name and make sure that Your Permissions are set to Administrator and see if that Changes it?

Oh and Did the Other post Fix your other problems?

BlackDinomite

Sadly no. I tried the manual and the automatic fix neither worked. And my permissions did not change.

karlsnooks

blackdinomite,

Precisely, what file are you wanting to take ownership of?
What permissions do you want for that file?

karlsnooks

blackdinomite,

How to determine if you are an administrator:

  1. Click on the Start button.
  2. Select Control Panel.
  3. Select User Accounts and Family Safety.
  4. Select User Accounts.
  5. On the right of the User Accounts window, you should see your account name, account icon and a description listed.
  6. If the word "Administrator" is in your account�s description, then you are an administrator. If you see "Standard user," then you are not and administrator and will need to log in as a different user.

BlackDinomite

That's just it. It says I'm the admin but I have no admin privileges. And the current admin problem is installing updates which I still cant do. It says i need to contact the admin of the computer to do it. I cant even access my UAC I click the button and nothing happens.

karlsnooks

I'm a little confused. First you tell me that you are an admin.

then you tell me that you can't access the UAC.

the procedure I gave for determining if you are an admin or standard user, required you to go to the UAC.

Please try to execute the procedure I gave.

BlackDinomite

Here is a pic of my problem I'm not explaining it well.

karlsnooks

| MSCONFIG | ENTER | TOOLS tab | select Change UAC settings | Launch button | slide the slider to the bottom | restart your computer.

Problem gone?



karlsnooks

blackdinomite,

Either malware, a program or a jokester has manipulated your system.

I just reviewed the entire thread and find that we have not ruled out malware.

Please do the following:

PUT SYSTEM SWEEPER ON A USB STICK


System Sweeper, https://connect.microsoft.com/systemsweeper, allows you to start an infected PC and perform an offline scan to identify and remove viruses, rootkits and other advanced malware. System Sweeper is a free standalone, bootable malware and virus remover from Microsoft.

Safety Scanner, Microsoft Safety Scanner - Remove Spyware, Malware, Viruses Free, is free, downloadable, provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

If the target computer has a working internet connection, then you may prefer to use the Safety Scanner.


Download System Sweeper (about 576 kB):
https://connect.microsoft.com/systemsweeper

Insert 256 MB or larger USB stick into a usb port.

Run the downloaded program--mssstool64.exe or mssstool32.exe

Choose the option to install to USB.
Caution: The install program will format the usb stick.

The install program will download about 200 mB more.

After the install is finished, leave the stick in the usb slot.

Run the program you downloaded once again.

This 2nd run, and any subsequent runs, will download the very latest anti-virus definitions (about 60 mB).

To keep System Sweeper up-to-date, simply reinsert the usb stick and run the installation program again.

The initial, full scan by System Sweeper can easily take a couple of hours, but subsequent quick scans will take only a few minutes.

Remember, your computer is being very thoroughly checked for all types of malware.

BlackDinomite

sorry unneeded post

karlsnooks

Let me know when System Sweeper is finished and what it found.

BlackDinomite

Well it didn't find anything and sorry for the wait. Also I got some papers in the mail about faulty computers and mine was on the list. it said something about HP giving free repairs on those models. This interested me because my computer has been having some of the problems it stated. Most common being lots of lockups. And also if I wiped my harddisk could I use my friends windows disk to install his Asus version of windows 7?

karlsnooks

What is an asus version of Windows 7?

BlackDinomite

Well the computer is Asus and The disk comes with different features along with windows 7.

karlsnooks

since I'm not familiar with the disc, then I would rather not jump to a conclusion.

BlackDinomite

So what should I do? Wait for the HP repair service? My harddisk is going one way or another.

Magron

to my nose this all reeks of a failing HDD...classic symptoms.

Britton30

I would take the HP offer of repair.



BlackDinomite

Ok, Because my Harddrive is going to get replaced anyway I tried a system restore and now my computer only locks up when trying to start in normal mode. Both safe modes are fine. Normal mode locks up as its logging me in.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét