Thứ Ba, 26 tháng 7, 2016

Windows 7 freezes, started randomly part 1


Surgikill

Hello all I am new here and was looking for some help. I am 15 and do not have a large knowledge base of fixing software issues with computers. I assembled a system back in August of 2010 and it has run without issues since a month ago. It now freezes randomly without any rhyme or reason. When it freezes static is also played through the speakers. In order to recover my system I have to turn off the power supply, even the hdd reset button wont work. The only thing that shows in the event viewer is that the "audit has been lost in transit 0" and that "Microsoft antimalware has stopped working". Like I said no hardware changes were made. I can provide a list of drivers, events from the event viewer and ram information. As far as I know all my hardware is kosher and the powersupply is more than capable of powering my system. I have rmaed my motherboard once and it came back with no issues.



EDIT:

antivirus scan-done
malwarebytes-done
memtest86-done
whole system temp besides grafx card is below 30c
clean boot-done
psu came through with flying colors
no oc except factory on graphics card
harddrive comes through fine

I still have to test safe mode, I ran it in safe mode once for a few minutes then i rebooted of my own accord.

EDIT: System Specs
System Manufacturer/Model Number Custom built by me
OS Windows 7 64 bit
CPU Core i5 750
Motherboard EVGA P55 SLI
Memory G SKILL DDR3 1333 FC310666 4GB
Graphics Card GALAXY GTX 460 SUPER OC
Sound Card none
Monitor(s) Displays eMachines 21.5in. display

Update your System Spec
PSU Corsair 850hx
Case NZXT M59
Cooling Air
Hard Drives Seagate Barracudda 80 gig system drive Two laptop harddrives


EDIT: After doing multiple things I have still not resolved this issue. Please help me with this I am very frustrated. Thank You.



richc46

The first thing I would do is run an anti virus scan
Then
Download and run a full scan with malwarebytes.

Here are my solutions to freezing, and an excellent article, which I hope is of some help
Go to search type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
Download and run malwarebytes, a full scan after you update
Run antivirus scan
Check memory with memtest86
Make sure that you are not over heating.
Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Try a clean boot
Make sure PSU is working properly
If overclocking, restore to original
Test hard drive at company website.
Test in safe mode, does it still happen?
Try with clean boot..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://malwarebytes.org/
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

http://ezinearticles.com/?Troublesho...blems&id=39981

Surgikill

antivirus scan-done
malwarebytes-done
memtest86-done
whole system temp besides grafx card is below 30c
psu came through with flying colors
no oc except factory on graphics card
harddrive comes through fine

performing clean boot now, only issue is i have to wait for it to spontaneously freeze, hope its just an nvidia driver

I still have to test safe mode, I ran it in safe mode once for a few minutes then i rebooted of my own accord.

Surgikill

Alright It ran good for two days after I used clean boot then bam, froze while it was downloading stuff last night. In clean boot the nvidia 3d stereoscopic driver is ticked to not run. Is there anyway I can uninstall that particular driver?

Surgikill

Alright Im going to attach stuff from the event log that happened on 3/4/11. New stuff popped up. Maybe you guys can make something of it.

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
If it was I who had these issues, I would try and bring up the task manager and see what the CPU is running at and maybe see what is maybe contributing as my first step...Some times that has led me to the startup location (msconfig).

If it was neccessary, I would download and run Process Explorer and Autoruns and see if that would also assist me in locating mister bad boy. If you are able to get into safe mode it has always been to my understanding that would indicate a hardware problem. Keep in mind that some of the spyware out there will cause your computer to freeze up and running the spyware/virus scans in normal mode will or can show nothing in it's findings, so it's best to run Malwarebytes in safe mode if you definetely want to rule it out...Just a few more thoughts for you to ponder.

Surgikill

@Master Green

When my computer freezes it locksup hard. No cursor movement no window movment no hdd activity. I can't even use the harddrive reset, I have to use the power button on the back of the psu. I am currently in safe mode seeing as it crashed again. I am running malwarebytes and will see if it comes up with anything. Any other suggestions as to what I should do in safe mode. I'm completely pi$$ed off, I just want this thing to run properly.

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
After the Malwarebytes scan is done and if it finds no infections, shut the computer down and before rebooting it back into normal mode, take the casing off of the tower. Turn it back on and watch the fan. I'm not sure we can feel the power supply unit is involved (unless a different one other than what the spec's allow was installed).

Trust me, I know and understand your frustrations.

Surgikill

Psu is fine powerwise, everything is cool in the case. (built the pc myself, everything except graphics stays under 30c). I will check the psu fan. (its a bottom mount so its going to be a pain).

EDIT: Do you want pictures of the hardware configuration?

Surgikill

Malwarebytes is done and guess what.... it didn't find anything. I have to move my pc in order to have a chance to look at the psu fan. All other fans are running fine (have a plexiglass side panel). Anything else I should do before I reboot?

Master Green

SurgiKill,
If the graphics card is in question, then maybe when the computer is up and running good before it freezes, you can look into updating it (by going to it's web site and getting the latest drivers for it) ? When we buy something new and install it, some times because we bought it from a store we tend to think it's all up to snuff but we never know for sure how long it has sat on the store shelf and that's why I am mentioning it.

I also apologize if it may seem like we are taking the back roads to finding where the problem is instead of the highway but when a problem is unknown, I tend to like to take the path that is better known as the process of elimination.



Surgikill

Alright I rebooted and the psu fan is working top notch. I found two rogue screws in the case. If that was the cause of my freezing issue I will laught but i believe it is not. So far safe mode has been fine, which leads me to believe it is a software issue which will (hopefully) be easier to deal with than a hardware compatibility issue. For whatever reason my brain is telling me its a nvidia driver issue. I will stay in safe mode and see if it freezes.

Will keep you posted.

Master Green

Hi Surgikill,
Okay...Since I don't recall what the memtest that was suggested earlier was can you do it again and this way we can maybe focus on a possible motherboard issue that is going on here...Run memtest86 and follow these steps:
  • Run the memtest86 with both memory modules in place and,
  • if it shuts down during the test, remove one module and run it again
  • If it does not shut down during the memtest86 with just one in place, I believe we then have the culprit.
  • If the memtest shuts down during the test with both in place then it is believed there is a problem with the motherboard or CPU.

richc46

If you are OK in safe mode, go with clean boot. Use CB long enough to be sure if it freezes or not. This will help to solve the problem, quickly
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Surgikill

Clean boot with load system services and all non microsoft services disabled stil presents freezing issues. @Master Green, I ran memtest back in August or September on these sticks and they passed with flying colors. The motherboard was rmaed previously and it came back and evga said it was fine. I will run memtest again. Should i use the bios memtest or the OS memtest?


EDIT: And if it runs fine in safemode then the ram should be fine right?

richc46

Its probably a driver.

Master Green

SurgiKill,
When you get a chance, check the CPU (fan)...And let us know how that goes...Keep visualization on the fan till the computer freezes and post back wether the fan kept running even after it frooze up or did inded stop at the same time.

Surgikill

My heatsink for the cpu is two pounds and about 6.5 inches tall. It keeps the cpu under 30c even when passively cooling. I am running memtest right now with one stick. The graphics drivers are up to date. I do not know if the cpu fan has stopped (if it does its a mobo issue which I think is what you are trying to rule out) when memtest is done I will boot back up into normal mode and wait for the inevitable. Then I will check the cpu fan.

Master Green

Sounds like a plan...keep up the good work.

richc46

If its good in Safe mode its not hardware. Its a software issue.

Surgikill

It was fine in safe mode for 2 boots, but after I had done the clean boot and disabled everything the system ran fine for two days. I was thinking 'yes its a driver issue like I thought!' I left it on last night and woke up to a frozen screen and static coming through the speakers. So it could be fine in safe mode for a week, then bam freeze. Just to add after it froze I rebooted and it froze again about 5 minutes after the welcome screen. I do believe it is a driver issue because my system was fine up until the beginning of February. Windows update probably downloaded some bs driver and now I am all screwed over. Rich, if you would like I will attach a driver list for you to analyze. When I get back intp safe mode I will roll back my nvidia driver to the previoud version, right now its like 266 or something. Let me know if you guys have anything else to add. I am getting closer to the problem than I ever have before so thanks.



Surgikill

About how many passes should I run memtest for?

richc46

Here is a little guide for memtest.
Run for 8 passes
Guide to using Memtest86+

Surgikill

Alright thanks. I am on pass 3 of stick 1. Going to be a long day.

Master Green

HiSurikill,
That was good information provided by richc46...Thank you richc46 for your assiatnce.

richc46

You are both very welcome. That test is usually done overnight, since it takes so long.

Master Green

Attn: richc46
That is true but now that he's got it going, hopefully he'll have good results by tonight and can get a good nights sleep after it's done.

Attn: Surgikill
If you have other things to go and do, go ahead, the computer not going anywhere's. If you stare at it too long, your gonna get bug eyes...Also, you have gone this far, don't give up.

Keep us posted please with the results.

Surgikill

Pass 5, stick one should be done with a total of 3 hours, right now I am at 2:15 0 errors. I will then install the second stick and see how it goes. I am so glad I dont have 4 sticks. After that we will go to software. Should I boot into normal or safe? I am going to roll back the nvidia driver and see if that fixes anything. I will provide a driver list and anything else that is requested.

Thanks.

EDIT: On pass 7 and almost at 3 hours. God how I wish this was done lol.

EDIT: Stick 1 is DONE...finally. On to stick 2.

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
I would do everything in normal mode because when the computer is operating normally, I would think the stress load that it will be under will have it's fair share and the memtest will be a good indicator all is well.

Surgikill

On pass 4 of stick 2 and 1.5 hours in. Bored to sh!t.

Surgikill

All right I am done. Going to boot into normal mode and roll back my nvidia drivers. Rich, I will have that list for you to analyze if you would so please.



Master Green

SurgiKill,
I am curious what is listed in the event viewer...When you get a chance can you go and type in your run box "eventvwr" (without the quotes of course)...Click on the tab to the left "Applications and Security" and post back here the last error message listed...Thank you

Master Green

SurgiKill,
One correction please on my last posting...Please post the last error message under:
  • Application
  • Sytem (not security as previously asked)
  • Interested in 'Event ID" error codes.

Surgikill

Alright I have the drivers attached and the events attached, repectively. I saved the whole list of events because there was a ton. All the ones on 3/5/11 are what we are concerned about.

Thanks


EDIT: Downloading the oldest driver, 258.96, hopefully this works, Rich theres that driver list.

Surgikill

The last event in application was:
The software protection service has stopped

And in System:
The WinHTTP Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state

dcrewchief

Be careful of running a registry cleaner in safemode. because a lot of services not running it might want to kill some stuff snd cause some programs to not run in regular windows mode. Anytime i have had random reboots is when i had a faulting power supply or bad memory. If you have more than one memory card installed try removing one and see if it runs ok. Simple and cheap troubleshooting tip.

Master Green

SurgiKill,
Try the following steps please:
  1. Go to Start > then Control Panel
  2. Click on Administrative tools
  3. Then Services
  4. Look for the following (and right xclick on):
  • Telephony = make sure it is set to manual
  • Plug and Play = make sure it is set to automatic
  • Remote Procedure Call = make sure it is set to automatic

Surgikill

Just froze at welcome screen

Surgikill

Everything checks out Green. Getting really frustrated here.

Master Green

SurgiKill,
I know we have been at this a long time and not as long as you have been but when there are multiple possible reasons and the cause is unknown it's tough for all those involved and some times just as equally as frustrating, trust me. Since it froze at the welcome screen, only one of two things come to mind: (1) check and reseat the memory modules and, (2) let the computer rest for approx 20-30 minutes...then try booting it up again.

Surgikill

Its booted again and Im on the web. When it freezes next time i am going to check my mobos diagnostic readout, if there is any. Maybe that will help us.



Surgikill

Alright when it froze status led posted 03 which means initialize bios O_o. No idea why it would do that while running. Faulty motherboard maybe?

Surgikill

It also shows 2 with nothing after it. There is no statement for that in the motherboard manual.

Surgikill

The freezes are also occuring more often with the old video driver. I am sick of this. The previous system I had worked like a charm. I really do not want to think its the motherboard because its going to cost me 20 nucks to ship it plus 30 bucks in gas. ANY driver suggestions people?

Surgikill

Alright its definitely a driver/bios conflict. I just uninstalled the old evga driver and installed a new one. during the install it was using the windows vga driver with no conflicts. When it rebooted and started using the nvidia driver it froze about 30 secs after login and the debug led posted 4 which means "check battery power and cmos"

Surgikill

I am in safemode and no freezes. Definitely a driver/software issue. Now that we know what is going on and have narrowed the spectrum, does anybody have suggestions?

Surgikill

Alright before I hit the sack I tried booting it up regularly with the nvidia drivers uninstalled and it froze within the first minute. I can assume its not the nvidia drivers because they were not on the system so it has to be some other driver. Maybe audio but I don't have one installed, just stock. So now we nit pick. Any driver suggestions would be great but im going to bed right now.

Surgikill

Alright guys it froze last night for the first time in a while. The cpu fan was running, although it is not plugged into the cpu fan header because it is physically impossible to reach it. One odd thing was that after I had reassembled my computer and plugged all my peripherals in it would not start. It said bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt del to restart. I unplugged my webcam headset and external drive and then it booted. After that it froze during the night while downloading a game from steam. The system runs fine in safe mode which leads me to believe its a driver issue I just have no idea what the issue could be. I am currently in contact with evga and I am asking them about the motherboard problems.

Any ideas?

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
I am enclosing information from a web site who I obtain allot of my info from for you to look into pertaining to the problem with "Bootmgr is missing"...Hope it helps:


- How-To Geek,

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
Sorry, it appears it did not post correctly...So if you can, go to google, type in Bootmgr is missing and look for the web site "HowtoGeek"...In their search box type in Bootmgr is missing and it will give you good information that could very well help your situation...

P.S... I will be unavailable for the next few hours...

Surgikill

I have contacted evga and they are telling me to rma my motherboard for a replacement. This is the second time. It costs like 30 bucks for each shipment. And I was able to boot after i removed some of my peripherals. Maybe its the motherboard and I will be all set when I it is done.



Master Green

Hi SurgiKIll,
Before I send the moterboard back to them, I would of tried that last bit of info I sent you...After that, I think it would of been a fair assesment to then give the current motherboard it's last rights and then proceed with a newer one...Keep us posted.

Surgikill

I tried that and it still froze. I don't believe it is a metherboard issue though because it works fine in safe mode. Any suggestions ?

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
I give you allot of credit for all you have done and tried...

When you say it works fine in Safe Mode, then I believe the focus is then limited to a hardware issue. The memtest86 ruled out a few things as did other methods applied so I am kind of at a loss as to what to do next. I can't personally rule in or out the motherboard at this point but the idea that we are probably down to that being the culprit is looking more like it is than not if you know what I mean. Unless someone else can suggest anything else, I cannot be of anymore assistance. Sorry.

Surgikill

Sorry but shouldn't it be limited to a software issue? Safe mode doesn't load certain drivers. It is more stable than it was while it was freezing but it still freezes. I will wait and see.

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
Can you look and see if anything is showing in your Device Manager as a problem and post back...Thanks

Surgikill

Nothing is showing in my device manager as an issue. They are happening less frequently now. I am back in safe mode.

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
Okay...The reason I wanted you to look in Safe Mode was because usually if something shows up there it's hardware related and if it does but does not in Safe Mode than it's not hardware.

Anyways, at your convience, can you do the following:
  1. Go to start, run and type in the box msinfo32
  2. On the left side click on the plus sign next to Components
  3. Then click on Problem devices
We are looking for listed items that are installed that may have a problem.

Surgikill

Alright two things show up. The first is my wireless card and the reason is that it is disabled. The second is a security processor loader drive and it says that it may not be working properly, is disabled, or does not have all its drivers installed. We may have found the culprit.

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
Okay..Let's hold onto that info while we do a little more searching. Can you please try the following:
  1. Go to start, run and type: sigverif (press enter).
  2. Click start on the box that pops up and give it a few minutes to display any unsigned drivers it finds.
  3. You can either posts back what it finds by doing a copy/paste trick or just note how many for now it finds.
  4. Then go to your control panel, click on the system icon.
  5. Click on the tab that says Hardware
  6. You will see where it now says Driver signing
  7. Click on that and see if the box warn is checked and a little check mark is in the box at the bottom next to "make this action the system default" and if so,
  8. Next to that driver signing tab you can click on the windows update tab and there you will see 3 boxes. The one I would like you to put the check mark in is If my device needs a driver go to windows update without asking me - click ok.
  9. Reboot your computer and let's see if the drivers needed will do so on it's own.
P.S... I will be away from my computer for a couple of hours, so if you post back soon there will be a little delay before I can post back.

Surgikill

I did the sigverif and it came back that all were signed. I went into the control panel and clicked on system. I did not find a hardware tab or anything else after that, mind you I am in safe mode.



Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you but I have done allot of searching on the "Security Process Loader Driver" and really did not come up with anything concrete on what the fix was for it with the exception of one. The instructions provided were to reinstall the drivers for the graphics card...Apparently that particular suggestion fixed that persons problem. Until I can come up with more info, it won't hurt to give that a try. You will need to find out what type of graphics card you have and go to the web site of it to get the latest ones.

Surgikill

I read that post too and I have done that multiple times. It hasn't helped at all. EVGA wants me to rma wy wotherboard but I am positive it is not a motherboard issue because it works in safe mode. I booted into normal made today and played call of duty for an hour straight. I then exihed and resumed the download for another one of my games while I went to go have a bowl of cereal. When I came back it was locked right up. I've also noticed that the boot ups are taking longer than usual and that could be an issue with the driver. Is there any way I can disable this driver?

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
I am not certain this will disable it but here's the only way I currently know how:
  1. Go to start, run, type: services.msc (press enter).
  2. Scroll down till you see Security Accounts
  3. Double click on it to open it up
  4. To the immediate right of the box that should say "automatic" click on the little arrow and set it to Disabled.
  5. After you click Ok, I usually like to reboot my computer
Hopefully that works...I will keep trying to find out more info and whenever that may be, I will let you know. In the mean time I wish you the best.

Surgikill

Alright it froze again. I was able to find the windows you were talking about but wasn't able to change anything. Here's the weird thing. I played a bit of cod, exited the game, and just let my computer sit while i ate dinner, about an hour, then i went back and it was fine, I then resumed a download on Steam and came back a bit later and it was frozen. As of the past few days all the times it has frozen except for two times steam has been downloading a game. Coincidence? Should I run Steam as admin? I'm really at the end of my rope and don't know what to do, it I could at least play games in safe mode I would be happy.

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
I do not believe your situation will make a difference if something is run with admin previliges...How much memory does your computer have ?

Surgikill

4 gigs ddr3 1333

EDIT: I was wondering wolud boot logging help at all?

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
That's a very good question...At this point, I think Bootlogging can certainly not hurt and may even help simply because if it is a driver, it will log everything right up to crash time (in your case freeze time). So go for it.

Surgikill

t I updated my marvell yukin driver and I disabled "let the computer turn off this device to save power. It hasn't frozen yet. If it does again I'll go through with the bootlogging.

Master Green

SurgiKill,
Good work...Let's hope and pray...Thanks for hanging in there with me while we both tried to track that bad boy down. Keep me posted.

Master Green

Hi SurgiKill,
I just read on another posting by someone else who is having a problem and one of the problems is the "security processor loader driver"...The expert who is assisting that person stated the following "The security processor loader driver error is most often not present when a system is infected"...

Since I do not know what you have for protection and do not evewr recall us discussing it, can you download Malwarebytes to your computer and run it in safe mode. You can run it as a quick scan or full scan, please run it in full scan (can take up to approx 40 mins to finish). Thank you.



Surgikill

I did that already came back clean. I also notice it takes a longer time than usual to boot up sometimes. Didn't know if that had to do with the driver. It has not frozen yet, I had an issue coming out of hibernate mode but it was not related because there was no static and the harddrive reset button worked. Other than that no issues. I have played call of duty and done ohter things as well. I will check in msinfor 32 to see if the spldr is an issue in regular mode.

Thanks.

Surgikill

Just froze again with the static. I was downstairs doing stuff and I came up stairs and moved the mouse and opened steam. I noticed it said it was disconnected from the net and I moused over the connection. It connected and then it froze. I am about ready to take my 10 gauge to it and call it a day.

Surgikill

Alright it froze again today while idle. Static through the speakers and all. I am at wits end. Should I try Ubuntu 64bit or something like that so I know its software related. As far as I know it is software related because it works fine in safe mode. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Surgikill

It froze while I was trying to reinstall windows, the harddrive was suspended in the on state and the motherboard displayed a code. ShouldI buy a new harddrive, rma the motherboard, or both?

Surgikill

Alright my computer is decommisioned as of now and the motherboard is in box and will be on its way to evga asap. Thanks for all the help guys, if it isnt fixed after the motherboard comes back the only other thing I can think of would be the cpu.

Thanks

gorsmaster

Well, I have the same problem.
I did everything you wrote here, no unsigned drivers, tried different drivers, no CPU or memory error, etc.
I have an Asus G51VX-rx05 notebook, so the only thing, that's the same is: nVidia GPU.
I have this issue since I installed Win7 SP1. So I'm going to uninstall every updates, that were installed that day or later. I'll write the result tomorrow, because sometimes my computer doesn't crash for hours.

Cabaal

Thankgod I have the same problem!! it is rediculas! i've even switched from a DDR2 motherboard to a DDR3 motherboard because my DDR2 one would nolonger boot up after all the static-lockups! and im worried it's damaging my PC, today i even installed a different PSU and im still getting the same problem, I tried unplugging each hard drive i have one at a time and running the computer without to see if one of them was the cause but i got the static-freezes no matter what hard drive i took out, im pritty certain its a windows 7 driver not working with my BIOS,

though i too thought it was my graphics card for a long time I also tried removing it's drivers, installing different drivers and the latest, with no success

i've switched over my processor, motherboard, ram, graphics card and tested individual hard drives with my brothers, and no matter what I do im still getting the crashes, the only thing I've had all the way through this change of PC components is windows 7 and steam installed

all my temperatures are good and as above i have also run all the same tests with no nasty malware found, I also tried Dr Hardware, and benchmark tests, with no hardware tester showing any piece of my computer to be failing, I run speedfan and my voltage and temperatures all check out good! my temperatures never go above 40C for any of my components

Cabaal

Another point to add is this problem started nearly a month ago, around the time of Brink's launch, at first i thought it was a problem with brink, as after a few crashes in brink i labelled it as the culprit, but after switching to play other games i noticed this issue continued, and even outside games.

so there were a few things i concidered to be the main issue, one being a new version of direct X, or nvidia driver

after uninstalling and trying different drivers i found this to nolonger be possible.

However after 3 weeks of static freezy-lock-up-computer deaths today I did a registry fix on Iobit's advanced system care, and manually installed my gigabyte motherboard drivers ( rather than just let windows 7 install them) and the last 2 freeze-crashes have had no static sound accompanying them, which is odd after weeks of static-freeze deaths. Not sure if its just an oddity, but thought it worth mentioning

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét