Thứ Tư, 22 tháng 6, 2016

Post your Internet Browser Benchmark part 7


johncc

I ran this on Win 8/ Windows Developer in order to test IE10; not that promising on my system.



Dave76

That score seems about right for IE, all browser tests run differently.

It's a way to tell how different browsers run on your system, I always use the seat of the pants test when choosing a primary browser.

I use IE9 and the Win8 IE10, for certain sites that run better on that browser, Chrome for general browsing - works well with google search for some reason, Opera works the best for me on Seven and Eight Forums.

And remember Win8 Dev is a pre-beta version as is IE10, so is not 'polished'.

JaidynM

Looks like Chrome won it for me, and by a long shot. Not sure if I'll change from Firefox but I'll give it a try. Especially since Mozilla seem to have gone mad, switching browser might not be such a bad idea.

Name:  a.PNG  Views: 18  Size:  65.6 KB

NRT

here is mine

A Guy

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
Looks like Chrome won it for me, and by a long shot. Not sure if I'll change from Firefox but I'll give it a try. Especially since Mozilla seem to have gone mad, switching browser might not be such a bad idea.

Attachment 175877
Use the one you like Jaidyn, as I find this mostly useless. If you had Opera, and tested that, it would have likely won. So individual browsers score better, but it doesn't mean they are better (for you). A Guy

fanec75m

here i think i am in the middle

JaidynM

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
Looks like Chrome won it for me, and by a long shot. Not sure if I'll change from Firefox but I'll give it a try. Especially since Mozilla seem to have gone mad, switching browser might not be such a bad idea.

Attachment 175877
Use the one you like Jaidyn, as I find this mostly useless. If you had Opera, and tested that, it would have likely won. So individual browsers score better, but it doesn't mean they are better (for you). A Guy
Fair enough. All the same, I might still give Chrome a try. For all I know, I might like it better!

maluthor

I think that you can use any type of opening system for use any web browser all type of browser are supported
Firefox 3.0.10 (no proxy) 1121
Chrome (with IE proxy) 3308
Internet Explorer

Shukaku

Since I use only Chrome, here's my benchmark.

GeneO

Here are my latest. It doesn't reflect the dip in my Firefox 9.0.x nightly x64 below 8000. It could be updated graphics drivers, but I suspect it is Firefox (chrome doesn't dip). I mostly use Firefox nightly x64.

Dch48

Here's my results. Even though Chrome won, I'll still use IE9 for a few reasons. There is no discernible difference in speed in actual browsing and I think IE9 is a lot more secure. The script shield in Avast also scans all scripts in IE and none at all in Chrome.



Dave76

It's just an indication of how the browsers are running on your system.

Run the one you like, with todays browsers the benchmark differences are hardly noticeable in real world usage.

Maxxwire

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
The script shield in Avast also scans all scripts in IE and none at all in Chrome.
That's a pretty compelling reason right there! BTW might I know you from the Comodo Forums?

~Maxx~


Dch48

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxwire View Post
Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
The script shield in Avast also scans all scripts in IE and none at all in Chrome.
That's a pretty compelling reason right there! BTW might I know you from the Comodo Forums?

~Maxx~

Yep you sure do

dreamer

Chrome is the clear winner on my laptop but i am surprised by the performance of Internet explorer

richport29

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Chrome is the clear winner on my laptop but i am surprised by the performance of Internet explorer
Are you using the 32 bit IE9 or the 64 bit?

The 32 bit version has much better performance.

elfsun

This is my result in Avant browser with IE rendering mode and firefox mode

dreamer

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by richport29 View Post

Are you using the 32 bit IE9 or the 64 bit?

The 32 bit version has much better performance.
I am using 64 bit IE9.....

richport29

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by richport29 View Post

Are you using the 32 bit IE9 or the 64 bit?

The 32 bit version has much better performance.
I am using 64 bit IE9.....
I thought so. The 32 bit version has the new engine, the 64 bit doesn't (much slower).

Give the 32 bit a try.

Commodore Pet

This brings up a good point. When is the 64 bit version getting a new engine? Is it a new engine in IE10 64 bit?

Phone Man

-ie-bench.png

-ff-bench.png

Jim



stve

Peacekeeper are now testing a new Beta version.
hers my results.
Peacekeeper - free universal browser test from Futuremark

A Guy

Here's mine, Opera 11.51

Peacekeeper - free universal browser test from Futuremark

A Guy

stve

Looks like we are going to have to adjust to the new low scores but I miss the bouncing balls , floating dandelion seeds wafting in the breeze is a poor substitute.

Maxxwire

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by stve View Post
Looks like we are going to have to adjust to the new low scores.
It seems that you will have a lot more of an adjustment to make than the rest of us...

~Maxx~


Commodore Pet

Here are my new results with the BETA of Peacekeeper, Opera has now been beat by Nightly(Firefox)! This is new.

Opera 12 Build 1076 32 bit
Opera 11.51 32 bit
Nightly(Firefox) 10.0a1 64 bit
IE 9.0 32 bit

oreo27

Using BETA peacekeeper. Got these results on my Rig. Still using Firefox though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1317453890

Maxxwire

I ran Opera 12 Beta through Peacekeeper Beta for the first time with this result...

Edit- 10-7-2011... I just ran Opera Next 12 build 1085 with the new Core rendering engine (Presto) version 2.9.220 through Peacekeeper Beta and the score soared 11% by over 300 points! Go Presto!

~Maxx~


Hawaiian

Dont have chrome up yet. 5911 is IE9 64bit, 5660 is IE9 32Bit and 5308 is FireFox v6.0.2

96accord

The test takes longer than I thought. I'm running it in Chrome and it's still going..

Edit:

FireFox ---------------> 1721
IE8 -------------------> 214
Chrome ---------------> 2137

Why are they so low? I'm using my work PC with Windows XP Pro.. :/

stve

Reading the Peacekeeper forum it seems after feedback from users they have tweaked a couple of tests so earlier results might be inconsistent with present ones.
I've tested the latest browser snapshots apart from IE 9 which is the current stable release.
The Latest Opera snapshots now have full hardware acceleration with WebGL.



Commodore Pet

Here are mine again using Opera 12 pre-alpha build 1116 with hardware acceleration 32 bit, Opera 11.52 32 bit, Waterfox 7 which is optimized for 64 bit and Nightly 10.0a1 64 bit.

GeneO

Here is my latest compendium. I downloaded IE9 once more With a even a medium performance graphics card like the Nvidia GTS 450, it falls at the bottom of the barrel - pretty abysmal, and my Windows 7 was more sluggish after the update. So you can't uninstall it and System Restore doesn't work (sfc errors galore) so I had to restore from a backup.

Anyhow hope this wide coverage helps. Firefox is still my go to browser.

python134r

Firefox 7.01-5983
Chrome 15.0.874-11,520


stve

Tested Opera 12 build 1155 with Hardware Acceleration & its very fast in the rendering & complex graphics section's.

caleb97

-peacekeeper-2.png

Chrome always seems to come out on top. I use it as my primary browser. Opera also seems to be pretty good.

Dave76

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by stve View Post
Tested Opera 12 build 1155 with Hardware Acceleration & its very fast in the rendering & complex graphics section's.
It is very fast for me, even with my slow connection, impressive bump in speed from 11.52.

Darcy Peal

My score with IE9 was 1347, but I got a lot of missing codecs error messages?

dumpystig

Been having probs with IE9 x64 running way too slow so last night I went to IE9 x32, I noticed a big difference immediately. 24 hours on and I come across this tester so just gave it a punt with several browsers...

IE9 x64: 902
IE9 x32: 1420
Opera: 2456
Chrome: 3048

Will try Firefox later and then do some fettling with each browser but it looks like I may be converting to Chrome, although any helpful advice/recommendations will be welcome.
One thing's for certain - IE is soon to be binned...

Commodore Pet

This test was done with just 64 bit browsers. Opera 64 bit takes the lead!

RitualJman

-capture.jpg

Can some one explain why i am being compared to a bunch of tablets?



stve

Because a tablet or smart phone model are all identical & return the same score so helpfully their scores are shown so you can compare them to your PC.
With a PC its different so many different hardware configuration's everyone gets different scores you need to run Pecekeeper on a different browser to see how Firefox rates versus the competition on your own PC.

StalkeR

I got error on html5...

Name:  ff.PNG  Views: 21  Size:  121.4 KB

DaGooN

think my gfx card is my problem? back on my trusted 9600GT 512
sold my 560..

Dave76

Here is my latest run.

Name:  Peacekeeper new Opera Next 12 32bit and Opera Labs 12 64bit and Chrome 18 5Feb12.PNG  Views: 26  Size:  132.9 KB

The last Opera is 12.00 64bit.

GeneO

With a new MB and CPU, here are my results for Chrome and Firefox from both Peacekeeper1 and the new, fugly, peacekeeper.

Archangel83

Oh man I need to build a new system

Dave76

Try testing with Chrome, Opera or firefox. IE9 seems to get low scores on this test.

startas

Well, i noticed, that runing tests and browsing real pages are different things, and all that hardware acceleration stuff in new browsers, even if disabled, makes lags and doesn't help at all (except introducing new bugs ), so i'm back to firefox 3

chrysalis

I disabled hardwarew acceleration in IE and firefox for pwoer saving reasons, if its on in IE, then some pages will ramp up the clocks on my gfx card, FF is much worse tho if hardware direct3d and directdraw is enabled (the default) then simply opening the browser to any page ramps up the 3d graphics card to full clocks. I think until html5 is much widespread use using software graphics mode is fine. I also run flash in software mode as well so youtube doesnt ramp up my 3d hardware.

The silent


Ehm????

i am really confused now...

the browser which runs the smoothest of the three gets the lowest score?

Name:  Untitled.jpg  Views: 20  Size:  14.1 KB



A Guy

Welcome to Seven Forums The silent. It's not about running smoothest, although that is likely what you want to use as a benchmark. It's about the latest web standards, and how well the browsers support them. Nothing matters more then your experience while using them. A Guy

The silent

True!

Urthboundmisfit

Firefox 13
Attachment 215805

Chrome 19
Attachment 215806

A Guy

Maybe useful for comparing browsers on ones own system. But not for comparing to others as the system specs, codecs installed, etc. influence the result. here's Opera 11.64

Name:  Clipboard01.jpg  Views: 18  Size:  8.2 KB

A Guy

2PMHottest

here is my benchmark.

theveterans

I just downloaded the latest Chrome 23 today.

Here are the results based on my hardware:

Celeron 877 @ 1.4 GHz, 8 GB DDR3-10666, HD Graphics 2000, 5400 rpm HDD
Windows 7 power plan set to Balanced

-chrome-23-peacekeeper-benchmark.jpg

theveterans

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
I just noticed that my score and your score contains the same set of numbers, but the numbers are arranged differently (3179 and 3971).

Vipermk2

In order of slowest to fastest

1. IE
2. Firefox 32bit
3. Firefox 64bit
4. Comodo Dragon


A Guy

My internet is slow for a change right now, but...Opera 12.01

Name:  Peacekeeper.jpg  Views: 93  Size:  6.4 KB

A Guy

Vipermk2

Just tried Opera and it's pretty nippy, shame about customizing the bookmarks toolbar though. After importing 100's of them from FF, I would have liked to have all the bookmark folders aligned across the top like in FF and Chrome





theveterans

Try using Chrome. Your scores should go up to 5500 or more.

Vipermk2

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by theveterans View Post
Try using Chrome. Your scores should go up to 5500 or more.
look at post #659 Comodo Dragon is built on chrome

boohbah

When I benchmark my browser, I got HTTP ERROR 404 "Not found".

cryptoncore

?me too, google peacekeeper benchmark

RoasterMen

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by JonathanV View Post
When I benchmark my browser, I got HTTP ERROR 404 "Not found".
Same O.o

Britton30

Google Chrome (Windows Seven Forums open)

Guest

with google chrome version 22.0.1229.94 m




[img]http://s10.**************/6bsbhz84l/Untitled.jpg[/img]

Guest

I have 4675 points on FireFox.

Guest

Name:  Capture.JPG  Views: 5  Size:  16.7 KB
ie9

A Guy

Opera's HTML5 Capabilities dropped to 3/7 with 12.11, from 5/7 with 11.64 Capricious test methinks.

A Guy



Britton30

I agree Bill. As long as I can access the webs it's fine by me.

leonvictor2012

I verify Firefox and Safari but Firefox is much faster and chrome is at its higher speed only.

theveterans

Downloaded IE 10 RP a couple of days ago. Much more responsive than IE9. The only bug I notice is that the full screen menu won't show if I hover my mouse to the top of the screen. I have to right-click on a page for the menu to show up, but it doesn't disappear again (this is another bug where the menu doesn't retract after it appeared). Basically, full screen IE 10 behaves like Metro IE.

-ie-10-peacekeeper.jpg

Specs:

Intel celeron 17 watt TDP @ 1.4 GHz
Intel HD 2000 graphics
8 GB DDR3 RAM
5400 RPM HDD

indianacarnie

I too think the test is capricious. Been using Opera for years now and Maxthon3 for about 6 months as a secondary browser. Was more than a little surprised to see these results.

Name:  Capture35.5.JPG  Views: 115  Size:  18.4 KB Name:  Capture36.JPG  Views: 7  Size:  23.1 KB

Opera is the first one, Maxthon3 the second. Just started using the "newest version", cloud based and have cut back on its use because of that. Impressive numbers though........

braddersz

My test:

theveterans

Id say mine is poor considering im running Core I7, 8GB ram, SSD, With a broadband connection of 39mb down 8mb up

-untitled.jpg

Britton30

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by braddersz View Post
Id say mine is poor considering im running Core I7, 8GB ram, SSD, With a broadband connection of 39mb down 8mb up

Attachment 252420
Try Chrome 24 or 23 and you should see more than 4000 scores with your system.

PCTechie

I think IE9 chokes of the dandelion farts fliorts test.

-browser-test.jpg

Guest

Very Poor right!

Britton30

Opera 12.14, it wouldn't play any of the videos. IE9 does.

Name:  Opera.JPG  Views: 16  Size:  44.2 KB



Golden

Chrome

-capture.png

Superluigi6

Using Google Chrome 24.0.1312.57:

theveterans

Chrome 25

-capture.jpg

indianacarnie

Name:  Capture1.JPG  Views: 9  Size:  28.8 KB

Name:  Capture2.JPG  Views: 9  Size:  37.5 KB

Name:  Capture3.JPG  Views: 10  Size:  35.4 KB

Figured I'd test the new I.E.10 These are the three browsers on my machine. Number 1 is Opera, number 2 is Maxthon and number 3 is I.E.10

theveterans

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by theveterans View Post
Downloaded IE 10 RP a couple of days ago. Much more responsive than IE9. The only bug I notice is that the full screen menu won't show if I hover my mouse to the top of the screen. I have to right-click on a page for the menu to show up, but it doesn't disappear again (this is another bug where the menu doesn't retract after it appeared). Basically, full screen IE 10 behaves like Metro IE.

Attachment 245125

Ie 10 rtm. The problem I mentioned above is now gone. However, I find that IE 10 RTM and RP still crashes on 1st try when uploading files to virustotal.com

-capture.jpg

theveterans

IE 10 RTM did increase its score from 2309 to 2332 in my case.

ThrashZone

Not sure it was a fair test Java is not installed only deployment kit and even it was disabled many storage item are disabled,
I got 1605 with gpu rendering activate on ie10

A Guy

Welcome to Seven Forums ThrashZone. I have found this test capricious at the least. So many system variables contribute to the result. That said Chrome has consistently been on top. Still using Opera regardless

A Guy

indianacarnie

I agree with A Guy about the test being capricious at best. And about using Opera Use whichever browser works best for YOU and don't worry too much about benchmarks.

ThrashZone

As you can tell the Lack of codec's was the reason for the lower score, 3/7.
ie10 works very well with occasional quirk which is normal for new browsers/ new Java version just about every day
Odd flash player releases but youtube keeps going on strong, and webpages rendering well is all I really care about/ Not a gamer anyway,
Cheers.



Dude

Is it weird I enjoy benchmarks?

Here is mine

theveterans

I ran the Peacekeeper

indianacarnie

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by theveterans View Post
Updated my Intel HD 3000 Graphics Drivers to the latest version and IE 10 made a nice jump to 2450

-capture.jpg

theveterans

Just updated my Opera today.

Name:  Capture1.JPG  Views: 12  Size:  28.2 KB

Still only 3 for 7 HTML5 though, it actually scored a little less than previous version. Still Operas MY browser

A Guy

Disabling Windows Aero increased IE 10 score to 2480 from 2450!
Name:  Capture.JPG  Views: 16  Size:  31.3 KB

theveterans

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by theveterans View Post
Disabling Windows Aero increased IE 10 score to 2480 from 2450!
Attachment 263005
Lol. Try it from safe mode with networking

A Guy

A Guy

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by theveterans View Post
Disabling Windows Aero increased IE 10 score to 2480 from 2450!
Attachment 263005
Lol. Try it from safe mode with networking

A Guy
Wouldn't that disable the graphics drivers thus resulting to horrible scores

theveterans

It was a joke You disabling things to get a better score

A Guy

Guest

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
It was a joke You disabling things to get a better score

A Guy
I'm just being curious of how disabling Windows Aero can improve graphics performance in games and benchmarks since I read many threads about that topic. I wish there is a "safe mode with GPU drivers enabled," but that contradicts the purpose of "safe mode."

qwertymikey





Faladu

Aero is just a feature that uses more resources, thus get rid of it and performance improves, although 30 points on this benchmark is not very much.

Icons and gadgets on your desktop all use resources, limiting those can help as well, with a stellar CPU and video card, won't matter much though.

stve

Here is mine

aritra2116

Tested the latest browsers



Opera 15 is the latest stable release, Opera 16 is a Next release.
Chrome 30 is the latest Chromium build.

madcratebuilder

Here are my scores. Chrome 28 scored 2146 and IE 10 scored 1071.

Gornot

Much to lazy to reconfigure for a browser BM. FF as used with all add-ons and IE with no add-ons.
-ffbench.jpg-eibench.jpg

Dude

I decided to put Firefox 24 up against IE11 and got some really interesting results:

Name:  bench.PNG  Views: 42  Size:  104.0 KB

The "unknown unknown" is IE11 Release Preview that scored 1798 with 5/7 HTML capabilities. The two missing features were Theora and WebM codecs.

Firefox 24 scored only 1666 with 7/7 capabilities, and the difference was extremely apparent with the dandelion DOM test and animated sprites (the recorded airplane game used in one of the tests).

Gornot

Seems like the test likes the latest chrome update
-peacekeeper.png

stve

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Seems like the test likes the latest chrome update
Attachment 291341
haha no way

Guest

Just finished building my new PC .

Tews

Chrome ..

Name:  chrome.PNG  Views: 105  Size:  117.9 KB

Firefox ..

Name:  Capture.PNG  Views: 104  Size:  108.2 KB



stve

Opera 18 & Opera 12 the last version before Opera moved to Chromium Blink .

A Guy

stve, what's your opinion on the new Opera? I am still on 12 as I read all the missing things...no bookmarks??

A Guy

Britton30

Opera is now just a rebranded Google Chrome?

stve

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
stve, what's your opinion on the new Opera? I am still on 12 as I read all the missing things...no bookmarks??

A Guy
It has bookmarks its the same bookmark bar as is in Chrome , Opera still lacks a shortcut to toggle the bar ( you have to enter settings) & it still has no bookmark manager.
Compared to Opera 12 i miss Notes the most followed by the very flexible user interface & the integrated mail.

Overall i prefer The new Chromium Blink based Opera its much more stable & I love the revamped Speed Dial page , you can now drag speed dials together to create folders , save all open tabs to a speed dial group ( same as sessions in Opera 12)
The Stash & Discover options on the speed dial page are great , Stash is where you can store tabs.
Discover is the latest news stories you have two options.
Top Stories is the default but you can use the drop down list to choose from various categories i.e. Travel, Science etc...
The other option is choose your country change to another country & get a different perspective on the news.

Opera still has Turbo its called Off-Road Mode now ( you request a page & Opera compresses it & delivers it your phone or desktop from its servers speeding up slow connections.) I like Of-Road Mode more for bypassing the increasing amount amount of censorship on the net.

Opera has the best installer of any browser Opera Desktop Team - Desktop Team
If you choose Options you can change the Install path (need to use the Make new folder button to keep the files grouped) you can now choose the install for option & choose standalone USB to install it as a Portable version.

A Guy

Thanks stve. I have simple needs, but the bookmarks as they are in 12 is a must. Sucks my favorite browser is getting no updates, but instead has forked into something I don't want. A Guy

theveterans

IE 11 32-bit RTM shows up as unknown unknown LOL. Negligible difference in scores compared to IE 10 (2450) except for more HTML5 capabilities

-capture.jpg

Tews

Not too shabby.

-untitled.jpg

jimroad471

Name:  Capture.JPG  Views: 49  Size:  40.6 KB

Wishmaster

Tested a bunch and the results were ...

Name:  browsers.jpg  Views: 41  Size:  298.5 KB

Britton30

IE11 Unknown, odd.

-pale-moon.jpg



starbucks107

Firefox
Firefox/30.0
1930 Points

starbucks107

Firefox
Firefox/30.0
1930 Points

starbucks107

LIKE THESE DONKEYS! IMAGINE....KICKING YOUR OWN ASS?
iT'S BAD ENOUGH TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT!

oogoomail

Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.1Ghz
3Gb RAM DDR2
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator for Mobile

Vipermk2

I think my Firefox must be wrong, just downloaded the new 64bit

stve

Very weird so I downloaded Firefox nightly Win64 & it happened to me as well.

Commodore Pet

I just ran mine and Vivaldi 64 bit came out on top(shows as chrome version 40) then last was Palemoon (shows as Firefox). Keep in mind I have no addon's running in Vivaldi yet.

Trax

Put it this way I still use Opera 12 and no clue what it would benchmark out at, only that it always passes the acid test and the only browser that can make that claim

A Guy

Trax, I too still use Opera 12. It tests decent, but these tests are skewed towards the Chromium based browsers. Supposedly faster . Nice to see the other Opera 12 user here, lol. A Guy

A Guy

I ran mine for Firefox. My firefox is slow recently. I am posting the Browser test result. How do I improve the performance on FireFox?

Thanks for sharing.



Guest

Quote�� Quote: Originally Posted by MDRI View Post
How do I improve the performance on FireFox?
Perhaps?

SpeedyFox - Boost Firefox,Skype,Chrome,Thunderbird in a Single Click! | CRYSTALIDEA Software

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...cmanfasterfox/

If you have many add-ons installed, this is the major reason for slowness. Not only the number, but sometimes they can clash. If you do have many, think about what you actually need.

A Guy

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét